[REL] Summer's End - John Prine (2018)

Information about music videos that fit the genre of FLM can be posted here.
kev
Site Admin

[REL] Summer's End - John Prine (2018)

Post by kev »   1 likes

I'm laid up in bed for the third week with bronchitis so beyond not feeling all that great, my emotions are on my sleeve which might account for why this song moved me to tears so easily. :lol:

John Prine is an old American folk singer that never really became an ultra-star on his own, but he is a gifted songwriter whose songs have been covered by some of the greatest artists of our time. In many of his songs he has a way of juxtaposing absolutely hilarious lyrics with a line that will rip your heart right out.

This song is from an album titled 'Tree of Forgiveness' and it's about a family dealing with a member suffering from substance abuse [something he has dealt with a good part of his life], and letting them know they are loved, missed and forgiven.. The images of the grandfather taking care of the grandchild, who longs for their parent, really got to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXbEFTv9zr0

Pix:
[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

kev.
Warg

Re: [REQ] Summer's End - John Prine

Post by Warg »   0 likes

kev wrote:I'm laid up in bed for the third week with bronchitis
Poor boy - being sick at xmas really sucks :cry:. Hope you recover till tuesday ... ;)
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] Summer's End - John Prine

Post by ghost »   0 likes

You can see in John Prine's face that he had a hard life...

A beautiful video :)

And kev: Get well soon again! My best wishes!
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Summer's End - John Prine

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   2 likes

Merry Christmas, kev, and feel better soon.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [51.25 Mb]
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Summer's End - John Prine (2018)

Post by kev »   1 likes

Yeah, ghost, you can look at John's face and see he's been through alot. Survived 2 bouts with throat cancer.. :shock:

The last part of this year has been kind of rough for me as far as illnesses go..

In Nov., the week before the week of Thanksgiving I came down with a 48 hour stomach bug on a Monday night. It took until Saturday for me to get any kind of apatite back. :( (I'm SOO glad it happened the week BEFORE and not the week OF Thanksgiving.. :) )

With this, when I first started feeling the effects three Friday's ago, I stayed in bed all weekend hacking up phlegm while running a fever and by Monday morning I thought I had the flu. After a trip to a walk-in clinic I found it wasn't the flu but bronchitis so I started meds and got as much rest as I could while still working during the days. Anyway it's hanging on longer than I'd like but I think things are getting better, definitely not feverish anymore, but still coughing my lungs out at times.. :shock:

Thanks for the well wishes, sorry for all the added TMI - info.. :mrgreen:

Showed this video to my mom and she wanted to give the lg a hug when she started crying... :heart

Happy holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!

kev.
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Summer's End - John Prine (2018)

Post by kev »   0 likes

Postimage seems to be working now.

Pix added.

:heart

kev.