[REL] Lemon Incest (1984)

Information about music videos that fit the genre of FLM can be posted here.
Sully23

Re: [REL] Lemon Incest (1984)

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

David32441 wrote: Said English was her 2nd language, something about her Uncle being director. When asked about incest, said something about not being that bothered about it. Whether she meant that film, or father-daughter stuff based on that song, or the incestous film with her dad, who knows. Maybe she left that deliberately ambiguous!
At that time I believed that Charlotte's childhood was similar to that of Nastassja Kinski and her father Klaus Kinski and now I am convinced that Charlotte and Serge only had a nice parental relationship.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   26 likes

I couldn't improve Charlottes's voice, but now it's in 720p with corrected colors:
[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [122.79 Mb]
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thanks for the music video upscale, ghost. Maybe it's because of the time during which I first watched this movie and discovered Charlotte and her father's music, but I actually grew to quite enjoy Charlotte's voice during the whole Lemon Incest album. The whole shaky vocals that frequently crack have this peculiar quality that seems almost honest yet almost intentional. They didn't go out of their way to spruce them up, and they are rather cute and bemusing. I might be the only one who enjoys them this much! I have found that I enjoy completely amateur, untrained, gentle vocals from people genuinely trying (outside of a karaoke environment).

I actually went on to listen to all of Charlotte's albums and enjoyed them over the years.

Her shaky, subdued singing reminds me of her interviews during this time, when movies like this and L'Effronté were released. Her responses and tone are equally restrained and quiet and for the most part are adorable to listen to, perhaps in part because she might have been nervous about being interviewed.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Charlotte's speaking voice and style remind me of her mother Jane Birkin, although I have not compared their singing.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Nevertheless it's a fact, that she just can't sing .. well, but it has its special charm. :x
Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:06 am I couldn't improve Charlottes's voice, but now it's in 720p with corrected colors:
[Image]

Serge & Charlotte Gainsbourg - Lemon Incest (1984).720p.mkv
:shock: :heart

:lol: