[REL] Jackie Evancho: Dream With Me in Concert

Information about music videos that fit the genre of FLM can be posted here.
starfish21

Re: Jackie Evancho: Dream With Me in Concert

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i quite like 'churchy' she's very down to earth,smokes,drinks and swears,a very proud welsh girl.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

we obviously have different views around here and this good as it adds to the flavor. personally I liked Charlotte Church for the first 6months she was discovered after that she aged to quickly and was soon forgotten.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

I always wonder how a preteen/teen can sing the blues as if she had enough experience to even understand the blues - teen angst isn't the same thing. Anna Graceman can sing, but it "feels" fake.
starfish21 wrote:i'm sure she's got a bright future,personally i think she's a screeching little shit.
After listening to one or two of her songs when she first became "famous", I wasn't able to listen to any more without gritting my teeth. She may have gotten better, but I'll pass up that experience.
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:I always wonder how a preteen/teen can sing the blues
exactly my point! of course, they were instructed to IMITATE the 'real' thing, yet obvious imitation remains.

Let's hope UK's got talent or America's got talent one day will focus on talent.. lol
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

When judging kids I have always thought professionals should stay out of it. whether they are imitating or not. the sheer innocents that adults have long lost with life can never be experienced again. through watching the children we can at least catch a glimpse. there lies a unique and special magic in watching our youth perform in such talented ways. shame to waste it on details brought upon by years of preconditioning of what someone has over time to perceive as being what 'should be'. why not enjoy it because you can instead of spoiling the experience with critique. just a thought.

cheers to life, cheers to good times. thank you for these beautiful children entertaining us as only they can.

:icon_cool2

Perhaps I am going a little deep on this statement but it does keep some things in perspective. trying to be positive and also hoping to share some good times.

:)
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

One day she will grow up and will be nobody special anymore. It will be difficult for her to handle. Hope she won't start using drugs and die young like many others :(
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

that's a bit dark Blt.
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Jackie Evancho: Dream With Me in Concert

Post by kev »   1 likes

Yikes...

I agree FFA, I'm a bit surprised at the negativity of some of our members.

PLUS, I'm surprised I missed this thread when it was first released. :eyecrazy

I've got her first couple CD's and personally I think she's lovely in looks AND vocally. :heart

Many thanks for referring to THIS thread in the 'Jackie Evancho (2009-2014)' thread; I'm definitely d/loading if it's still available.

As far as blt's prediction; let's hope she's able to avoid the Lindsay Lohan (Child Star) syndrome... :icon_alc

Thanks again for posting!

kev.
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:20 pm One day she will grow up and will be nobody special anymore. It will be difficult for her to handle. Hope she won't start using drugs and die young like many others :(

I stumbled onto this, looking for something else
(a movie called Cheoleobtneun (...) sonyeo (2002) ... which the FLM polyglots of course recognize as "A bizarre love triangle (2002)" ! :lol: :lol: ;) ;) ) ...
But I digress.
According to Evancho's Wikipedia page, we see that while she had some bad stuff happen (anorexia/bulimia, broke her back, parents divorced) there is nothing to suggest anything very worrying for her, except maybe musical relevance, because some critics noticed (while noting that she sings superbly), she lacks a connection to the text of the songs she sings. In other words, excellent voice but doesn't know what she she sings about or something. But that is all.

So, while its natural for total strangers to worry about child stars' well being (Dakota Fanning, anyone?), sometimes it can turn into concern trolling. Not saying that happens here, but it's out there.

And remember: Child stars are not MORE "at risk" than the average person their age, and maybe LESS at at risk, cos they are often richer than the average Jo. Moneys help a lot with many problems. Not all of course, but many.
When it does go wrong, it's usually cos their home situation is unstable. (See: Culkin, Capriati, etc.) Not cos fame automatically means they're gonna do hookers and blow.... :lol: :lol: :lol: