[REL] Sia - Chandelier (2014) [Australia] + Other Maddie Ziegler Videos

Information about music videos that fit the genre of FLM can be posted here.
donkeykog

Re: [REL] Sia - Chandelier (2014) [Australia]

Post by donkeykog »   1 likes

WOW! THX
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   1 likes

If you like this video you will love the new one released today. ;)

http://youtu.be/KWZGAExj-es
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   10 likes

Last edited by For An Angel on Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For An Angel

Post by For An Angel »   1 likes

No surprise this video has generated a lot of controversy - probably more than Chandelier did - considering the fact that it's blowing up literally 10 times faster than Chandelier (Chandelier had 10 million views after 2 weeks, Elastic Heart has gotten almost 30 million views in 4 days.)

The day after this video debuted Sia tweeted the following:
I apologize to those who feel triggered by Elastic Heart. My intention was to create some emotional content, not to upset anybody. I anticipated some 'pedophelia!!!' cries for this video. All I can say is Maddie and Shia are two of the only actors I felt could play these two warring 'sia' self states.
The video currently has a 94% thumbs up rating so it's obviously just a very vocal minority. I, for one, am glad that artists like Sia exist, who have the guts to push the envelope of artistic expression... even if the deeper meaning is beyond my comprehension. :roll:

Maddie, for her part, seems to be oblivious to the controversy, at least so far. In an EW interview, they asked her what she thought of the controversy and she completely misunderstood the question and started talking about video parodies :lol:
Spoiler:

Inscrutable pop priestess Sia found herself with a juggernaut on her hands last May, when she released the lead, platinum-selling single “Chandelier” from her sixth LP, 1,000 Forms of Fear. Instead of slapping on some makeup and thigh-high boots to star in that song’s video, she let a (literal) kid take the spotlight—in a janky blonde wig and a nude leotard. It was an outfit that launched a thousand parodies and tribute Halloween costumes. The tween at the center of the meme was dancer Maddie Ziegler, star of camp-reality show Dance Moms. In the video, she delivers a performance that’s spookily intense, delightfully weird, and thoroughly twitchy—one that placed Maddie squarely in music-video history.

Sia tapped the now-12-year-old Maddie to star alongside Shia LaBeouf in her latest video, which spotlights the single “Elastic Heart. The result—a tough-to-deconstruct face-off between Maddie and the temperamental actor—is already the subject of controversy and a slew of think pieces. We chatted with Maddie about being “family” with Sia, her place in the pop-culture pantheon, and what she really thinks of Shia’s dance skills.

EW: How did you first meet Sia?
Maddie Ziegler:
I met Sia last year. She tweeted me, and she was like, “I’m a big fan of the show, and I would like you to be in the video for my new song, ‘Chandelier.'” I didn’t even see [the tweet]—it was my mom or someone on my team that saw it, and I was like, “This isn’t even real. Someone’s trying to prank me.” So then everyone started to look into it, and believe it or not, I actually flew to L.A., like, two weeks later. It was real. I didn’t even know if I could do it, because we’re filming our show, Dance Moms. But it was amazing. They gave me four days to learn the dance, because they were like, “She won’t be able to learn it in less than that.” So they gave me four days, and I learned it in three hours, I think?

When Sia walked in—she was at the rehearsal place—I was nervous. I didn’t know what to expect from her, because there’s obviously pictures of her when she was younger, and videos, but there wasn’t any new pictures of her, because she hasn’t shown her face in a while. So I didn’t know what to expect, but the second she saw me, she just ran and gave me a big hug. We just felt like we knew each other, really.

How often do you see her now? I imagine you guys having breakfast together every day, but I’m sure that’s not the case.
[laughs] Every time I’m in L.A., we meet up, or we’re doing a performance somewhere together. We’re doing SNL next week, or some time. But we like, randomly see each other. When we’re in L.A., we meet up or go do something. Like I said, we’re doing talk shows, and when we do those together, it’s like, “Oh cool, I get to see Sia.” But we really have become a family. We really have.

Were you a fan of her music before she got in touch with you?
I was familiar with her songs, but I wasn’t a humongous fan. Because it’s not like she shows her face. Most artists are like, putting all that stuff out there, music videos and all that stuff. But she didn’t really have a lot of that, except when she was younger. But I met her, and actually, when were filming “Elastic Heart,” I was singing one of her songs from a while ago, “I’m in Here,” and she was like, “Oh, you’re singing my song!” and I go, “That’s your song?” Like, all of my favorite songs are Sia’s and I didn’t even realize it! I didn’t even know it was her. All I listen to is her album, literally.

Obviously working with Sia changed everything for you. How has your life been different since this all started?
I’m surprised people recognize me. People used to say, “Oh you’re Maddie from Dance Moms,” but now, most people are like, “Oh, you’re the girl from the ‘Chandelier’ video!'” But it’s like, “How did you even recognize me? I was in a blond wig!” But everything’s changed for me. I’ve had so many opportunities. Getting to do another Sia video is just crazy. It’s been a lot of fun, and definitely a lot more special appearances and cool performances with Sia. I didn’t get to do that before.

When I came back from filming the “Chandelier” video, everyone was like, “So what’d you wear? What did the room look like? How many chandeliers were there?” And I was like, “Well, I wore a blond wig, a nude leotard, the room was dirty, and there was no chandelier.” And they were like, “Whaaat? That doesn’t make any sense at all.” I didn’t even know what to say. It was such a big change for me, because I’m not used to doing that style in normal dance competitions. It was definitely very different for me, but I love being able to do that kind of style.

What even is that style?
I don’t know! It’s like, quirky, contemporary-ish. It’s pretty much all different things put together, because some parts are really soft, some parts are quirky, and then there’s the huge dance break. It’s all different.

How has it been essentially being a replacement-Sia for all these performances?
It’s just amazing that Sia’s let me take over part of her, you know?

You’re kind of “speaking” for her, in a weird way.
Yeah, totally. I’m her mini-me, pretty much.

What do you guys talk about when you’re together?
I don’t even know. Well, she loves dogs, and I love dogs, too. We talk about animals a lot. And she’ll just tell us crazy stories that happen to her and her husband. I love them—they’re so sweet.

Have you started planning for SNL yet?
Not really. Next week, I leave, so…

Can you spill any secrets about what you’re doing on the show?
To be honest with you, I really don’t know. I know I’m probably gonna dance. Every time I do a talk show or something, I’ll be like, “I’m doing ‘Chandelier’ right?” and they’re like, “No, you’re doing a skit and three dances.” It’s different every time. I never really know what I’m doing until the day before.

The “Chandelier” video isn’t just popular—it became this huge “moment.” You’re a part of music-video history now.
It’s crazy. I don’t even know.

Do you have anything else in the works with Sia?
Uhhh, not really, uhhh…. I can’t really say anything else.

So there is something that you’re not allowed to say?
I don’t know…

Very crafty answer. So what was the “Elastic Heart” shoot like, where you teamed up with Shia?
It was amazing. The story behind it is a lot different than the “Chandelier” video. When I did “Elastic Heart” obviously it was the same concept with my leotard and wig, but we were really dirty. I’m going to be honest with you, it was the most dirty I’ve ever been in my whole entire life. My shower was disgusting, and the water was like…ugh. I was disgusted. We had to rehearse in the cage, so we could get used to it, and we just kept getting dirtier and dirtier. And I brought wipes and everything and a change of clothes for when we left, and I was like, “Shia, you’re gonna need these,” and I kept giving him wipes. But he was like, fine with it, and I was like, “Ewwww! I don’t like being dirty!”

What did they put on you? Plain ol’ dirt?
No, it was makeup, but we also had real dirt from the floor. I don’t know, boys are different—they don’t care about being dirty. And girls are just like, “Ew, I don’t like this!”

Shia is known for being an unconventional guy. So how did you get along?
Actually, it was the same as with Sia—I felt like I knew him when I met him. Before we started filming “Elastic Heart,” he took my mom and I to eat, just to start to know each other and stuff. You have to get used to your dance partner. Even though we’re battling and fighting against each other, we still have to know each other, you know? You can’t just walk in and be like, “Hey, let’s start dancing with each other!”

What’d you think of his dancing?
I was confused, like, “Wait, Shia’s not a dancer, is he?” And everyone was like, “No.” But he actually did really well, he did. He wasn’t a bad dancer at all. For him, it was mainly fighting, and acting, and running around. And screaming. [laughs]

Well, he definitely wasn’t Maddie-level, but he’ll do, I suppose. I don’t know what Abby Lee Miller, your teacher, would have to say.
She really loved the video. I wouldn’t expect her not to. But she really liked it. It was completely different from what Miss Abby and everyone expected, and that’s what I liked about it. About five or six people yesterday, my friends were calling me, and saying, “Can you tell me what the story is about ‘Elastic Heart’?” No one knows what the story’s about, and that’s a good thing, because you have to keep people guessing. You know what I mean? I like that. I like when people have to figure out what it is.

There’s been some controversy over the “Elastic Heart” video, and people maybe misinterpreting it. What do you think about all that?
I think it’s funny when people, they try to imitate the “Chandelier” video. I think it’s hilarious. But the “Elastic Heart” video, it was a whole step ahead. It was completely different. That’s what I like. Because people have already seen that. Obviously I’m going to stay in the same wig and leotard, but it’s a different story.

What other kinds of music do you like?
I like Sam Smith and Taylor Swift. I love pop music, but I also like Sam Smith’s slow songs. That would be more to dance to. I think dancers like different genres of music, compared to just a regular person. Not that we’re not regular, but you know what I mean?

Well, I’m so glad that we talked, because I’m a huge Dance Moms fan. I’m always impressed with how composed and professional you are on the show.
We have to around Miss Abby. We have to look like we’re not about to cry.

Even if you definitely are.
Exactly.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i always liked sia,didn't know she was australian,her accent is completely undetectable in her singing,particularly in her 'Prokofiev' song (Taken For Granted) from a few years back.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LCkM-Lu9Jk
donkeykog

Post by donkeykog »   2 likes

Thanks to "Friend(S) of FLM"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alexandra ... 10384.html

Why Maddie Ziegler Matters to the Dance World
Posted: 02/05/2015 9:58 am EST Updated: 02/05/2015 9:59 am

[quote]Poised inside a door frame, Maddie Ziegler appears the image of stoicism and composure. Her legs swing like pendulums in 360-degree loops, and her jétés and pirouettes juxtapose self-containment with a sort of reckless abandon. But it is her face--teeth bared at a partner, lips pursed in reflection, or eyes bulged with neuroticism--that truly captivates her audience thanks to the tantalizing allure of catharsis through art.

That's right: Ms. Ziegler is an artist, and she lends hope to a dying field. No, I don't mean dance as entertainment; motion is inherent to the human psyche. Before there was speech, there was dance--for amusement, for ritual, for communication. What is relatively new, made popular by Louis XIV and his courtiers in the 1600s, is the notion of dance as something that defies temporary grandeur or ephemeral pleasure. With ballet came the dancer as an artist--Marie Taglioni in the 19th century, Margot Fonteyn, Gelsey Kirkland, and Mikhail Baryshnikov in the 20th, Wendy Whelan and Marcelo Gomes in the 21st.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLsRfiD5gZA#t=26

The modern and postmodern dancers lent themselves to another, even more vulnerable conception of emotional viability. Martha Graham performed her celebrated Lamentation with an intensity that no one can quite mirror these days; Twyla Tharp tapped with verve and sensation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... gf3xgbKYko

But let's face it--other than a few revolutionary moments from the likes of Bill T. Jones, Jessica Lang, Mark Morris, Ms. Tharp, and Kyle Abraham, not much has happened in the dance world since way back in the 1960s with the Judson Church. Or perhaps it has, but it hasn't taken the shape of innovation. Likewise, the primas of the 20th century--Julie Kent, Paloma Herrera, Xiomara Reyes, Ms. Whelan, Aurélie Dupont, Carla Körbes--are hanging up their pointe shoes, and with them the dignity of the ballet. Replacing these are the millennials, an especially lazy and self-indulgent lot when it comes to performance. They lust to be stars without putting in the work to deserve the title.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 4_fMuecZOU

Now, competitions dominate both Western classical and contemporary dance--in ballet, the Youth American Grand Prix and the Prix de Laussane, in contemporary, the venues that you see on Dance Moms. Winning titles transcends training, and the passion that makes artists isn't the same competitive drive that crafts one-time winners.

Meanwhile, in the alternative dance community, performance art and museum retrospectives are trending, and quite frankly, they're often self-satisfactory and isolating. Who went to Xavier LeRoy's exhibit at MoMA PS1 last fall and actually enjoyed it? Not me. It felt hollow and so personal that it lost its universality.

In this kind of a setting, a Maddie Ziegler is more than a dancer. She is a lifesaver.

Her work ethic, not to mention her evident love for the art, has made her relentlessly relevant. She has something to say with her performances, whether in a music video for Sia or in a solo at nationals. Her technique is lovely, especially for a 12-year-old. She has stretched knees, pointed feet, and arms that float on clouds, her fingers perfectly placed. But still more important is her virtuosity, her connection with the public. She tells a narrative that resonates with the viewer, whether portraying a scorned lover or a werewolf. This maturity is astounding for a preteen--she just gets it. She's meant to perform, meant to communicate with people. She has defied the odds of Generation Z's competitive, egocentric mentality to make her career about the work, not the celebrity.

And so, of course, the celebrity has come, and Ms. Ziegler has handled it with extraordinary poise and respect. Sometimes, she even seems more together than her interviewers. Her message is always clear--she is thankful for the opportunities that she has merited, and despite the effusive applause and praise that has come her way, she is just humbled to be able to do what she loves.

[/quoteMore dancers need to be like Maddie. Her coach Abby Lee Miller says it every week on Dance Moms, and I'll repeat it now. The dance world is wanting in artists, not star-struck teens in search of the spotlight. Hard work and passion are the only ways to make your movement mean something. And as Maddie continues to put in the hours, I look forward to seeing what she does next.

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

FAA, the funnyordie link isn't showing for me. I tried to fix it but didn't have any luck.

Here's the video: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/c61fb6 ... rt-edition
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   2 likes

3rd video in the Sia Maddie trilogy out today. ;)

https://youtu.be/4NhKWZpkw1Q

reastavachi

Post by reastavachi »   0 likes

hey everyone !

anyone heard of the maddie leaked videos scandal ? Found out about it only yesterday while watching the sia-maddie trilogy videos... Can't believe I missed that ! Anyone knows where to find these leaked vids ?