[REL] Indie Sex: Teens (2007) TV Documentary [USA]

Any documentaries about children can go here.
terry666

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

from http://www.ifc.com/static/sections/indiesex/teens.html
Underage sex is one of the most taboo topics on screen. Indie Sex: Teens presents the history and role of teenage sex and sexuality on screen - from Splendor in the Grass to Kids to Thirteen. The blockbuster teen films of the 80's and more contemporary teen flicks are all explored as mediums through which teen films have played a central role in adolescent sex education.

Featuring interviews with:
Rosanna Arquette
Jamie Babbit
Jami Bernard
Catherine Breillat
Colette Burson
Miranda July
Leslie Harris
Heather Matarazzo
Tatum O'Neal
Piper Perabo
Billy Porter
Peter Sarsgaard
Tim Shary
Ally Sheedy
Matt Singer
Todd Stephens
Dana Stevens
Guinevere Turner
Dita Von Teese
Stephanie Zacharek
This looks interesting for several reasons. Maybe stuff we already know... maybe not. To me, it's a MUST see.

I was soooo on this, but no. I get IFC Canada. This is playing on IFC in the U.S. :wall

It's about to play soon as I write this... in minutes in fact. &**(^%$! It plays again in a few hours, at Nov 17, 04:30 AM EST. Then the next time it plays is Wed, Nov. 21 at 05:00 AM EST. After that, unknown...

So, are there any American TV rippers with IFC out there that can grab this for us?

Do these alerts ever work? :pray

Update

Good news - this IS playing on IFC Canada. Bad news - I missed it by 2 days. Good news - the first episode of this series is replaying next week, which likely means the "Teens" episode will replay soon on IFC Canada. I'll do my best to look for it, but don't let me stop you if you have the opportunity to rip too!
FLL

Re: Indie Sex the series -Part 3 - "Teens" on IFC U.S.

Post by FLL »   0 likes

I saw this message last night just before it was due to air. Unfortunately I recently changed cable TV providers and no longer have IFC, this new one lumps it into a package with most of the movie channels so it's expensive. Amazing luck though: apparently my new cable company is giving me a free trial of the movie package and neglected to tell me, so when I double-checked that I was not able to get IFC it was actually there :dance

I was able to grab it with my DVD recorder and from what I've had a chance to watch it's a very nice documentary, thanks for pointing it out! I'll try to get it converted and released in the next few days.
terry666

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

FLL wrote:I'll try to get it converted and released in the next few days.
You da man! This alert was a total desperate shot in the dark...
R.R.K

Post by R.R.K »   0 likes

hEY!! Terry666) Can we have this Documentary shared Pls? Thanks..
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

FLL wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:36 am I saw this message last night just before it was due to air. Unfortunately I recently changed cable TV providers and no longer have IFC, this new one lumps it into a package with most of the movie channels so it's expensive. Amazing luck though: apparently my new cable company is giving me a free trial of the movie package and neglected to tell me, so when I double-checked that I was not able to get IFC it was actually there :dance

I was able to grab it with my DVD recorder and from what I've had a chance to watch it's a very nice documentary, thanks for pointing it out! I'll try to get it converted and released in the next few days.
Is it too soon to say this has been more than a "few days" now?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   19 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970496/

IMDB claims 2 hours but the 67 minutes of the file(s) I found seems reasonable for one part of a 3-part TV documentary, and it matches the DVD runtime. This documentary is mainly a bunch of old people talking about teen sexuality in mainstream Hollywood movies with a selection of tame clips. (Unless boobs scandalize you.) Clearly "teens" in this case accurately includes 17 to 19-year-olds. I did not go looking up the movies in it, but I would bet that some of the actors were twentysomething at the time.

DISCLAIMER: I did not watch it. From my quick scroll through, I only saw one movie discussed that was clearly ON topic for FLM: Kids (1995). The rest I am not sure about. This Documentary is probably mostly OFF TOPIC, with portions on-topic. If someone wants to list the movies and document the topical ones, knock yourself out.

It was strange to find two parts of the series ("Censored" and "Extremes") on eMule, but not this one (or "Taboos"). There are multiple old torrents available, and some of them still work, like this one:
https://btdig.com/e4fbe3b83882f8f28ab0c ... teens-2007

432p English
Like this post to see ed2k links  [696.33 Mb]
ferdi111

Re: [REL] Indie Sex: Teens (2007) TV Documentary [USA]

Post by ferdi111 »   0 likes

Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:19 pm DISCLAIMER: I did not watch it. From my quick scroll through, I only saw one movie discussed that was clearly ON topic for FLM: Kids (1995). The rest I am not sure about. This Documentary is probably mostly OFF TOPIC, with portions on-topic. If someone wants to list the movies and document the topical ones, knock yourself out.
Other known titles are:
Blue Lagoon.
Welcome to the Dollhouse.
Me and You and Everyone We Know.
These last two do not seem to be in FLM in the case of the film Me and You was one of those first ones that made me interested in cinema kids.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Aha! The last two I only know by reputation, but you are right that they all have cast members the right age for FLM. My quick scroll did not catch them.