[REL] Safari sisters (2009) TV series

Any documentaries about children can go here.
ptguardian

Re: [REL] Safari sisters (TV series) 2009

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

@ BLT & whom might find in need of help in sharing

i am not sure you have the sharing part mastered just yet(but i am sure you will). if i were to share all the files i have. the NEW releases would never be downloaded. i share everything but in levels of priority. i try to make sure every release gets sourced to the known regulars than i start taking down the priority as down loaders taper off. this series was and probably still is the most downloaded of all my posts. so finding a source is guaranteed. if i had the bandwidth that FLL has i might change the way i share. but as you know throttling limits what one can do. it is better to share full on one file so that some will get the file in hours instead of weeks or even months.(that is what will happen if i am always sharing everything)and if they help share it goes even faster. if several are sharing than you can download very fast. point being you want more sources from regulars to insure a better chance of a re-share in the future. also this site is like an archive for movies. a lot of movies here you can not buy. so insuring as many sources as possible keeps these movies alive. i stated a few times and recently as well. when i have nothing new i am sharing i share my archives and check for what people are stuck on trying to get. many here might have noticed me finishing a file for them by suddenly becoming a source. if everyone did this that was not sharing there own releases everyone would always get everything and everything would always be sourced :cool those of you that don't have new material to post can help by helping others get a file they need. this is why emule is one of the best ways of sharing. very loving community :heart

:)
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:if i were to share all the files i have. the NEW releases would never be downloaded. i share everything but in levels of priority. i try to make sure every release gets sourced to the known regulars than i start taking down the priority as down loaders taper off. this series was and probably still is the most downloaded of all my posts. so finding a source is guaranteed.
Well, the harsh reality is that the only full source was FLL, except another full source appeared recently.
ptguardian wrote:it is better to share full on one file so that some will get the file in hours instead of weeks or even months.
Unfortunately I am not interested in that one particular file, but something else that is not shared.
ptguardian wrote:if several are sharing than you can download very fast. point being you want more sources from regulars to insure a better chance of a re-share in the future. also this site is like an archive for movies. a lot of movies here you can not buy. so insuring as many sources as possible keeps these movies alive.
In reality, FLL alone seems to be the only working source for most of the archive... I am very grateful for his generosity!
ptguardian wrote:when i have nothing new i am sharing i share my archives and check for what people are stuck on trying to get.
That would be my wish for Christmas... ;)
ptguardian wrote:many here might have noticed me finishing a file for them by suddenly becoming a source. if everyone did this that was not sharing there own releases everyone would always get everything and everything would always be sourced :cool those of you that don't have new material to post can help by helping others get a file they need.
Yeah, would be cool if everyone did that. I'll make a list of movies that are very poorly shared or not shared at all. BTW, I am sharing everything I've got, except I unshared some files that are well shared by others, for performance reasons.
ptguardian wrote:this is why emule is one of the best ways of sharing.
Possibly :think
ptguardian wrote:very loving community :heart
No doubt :bigups
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

i knew you would get most of what i was talking about. that is why i addressed to more than just you.

as many of us have stated something can always be re-shared. (a simple bump please or can someone re-share please) it works

and of course patience is always helpful

:)
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:Now, where is loverboy? I've been trying to add regular posters to friends list, but looks like loverboy is not sharing any loverboy movies that are in my download queue :wall
loverboy reporting for duty........
I've not been anywhere & am sharing all my releases from about the last three weeks although I know I sometimes appear invisible. Anything much older than that may require a reshare bump. EVERYTHING with my tag can always be reshared although some patience may be required.
Now seems an appropriate time to remind everyone about identification. You stand a far greater chance of getting a friend slot & quicker download if your emule username is tagged with either your FLM username or just FLM. Of course, I can prat around, trying to match IP addresses & my clients remember anonymous users but I'm a lazy bastard & not always out to create more work for myself....much simpler if you just tag yourself!

lb
BizarreLoveTriangle

loverboy wrote:I've not been anywhere & am sharing all my releases from about the last three weeks although I know I sometimes appear invisible. Anything much older than that may require a reshare bump. EVERYTHING with my tag can always be reshared although some patience may be required.
I've been trying to download some of your releases that are *much* older than three weeks, but it looks like there are (very) few other full sources.
loverboy wrote:Now seems an appropriate time to remind everyone about identification. You stand a far greater chance of getting a friend slot & quicker download if your emule username is tagged with either your FLM username or just FLM. Of course, I can prat around, trying to match IP addresses & my clients remember anonymous users but I'm a lazy bastard & not always out to create more work for myself....much simpler if you just tag yourself!
Incidentally, somebody else is using exactly the same eMule username as myself (including the [FLM] tag). Well, unless I've been downloading from myself :think

So make sure that you give a friend slot to the right person :)

PS. Identification by IP usually does not work well, because most users (including myself) get new IP from time to time. Some ISP's even force new IP at least once per 24 hours. Wondering if eMule implements any reliable (cryptographic) identification mechanism (ie, based on private/public key)...?
sweetbay

Post by sweetbay »   0 likes

Disable smilies
Last edited by sweetbay on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

In reality, FLL alone seems to be the only working source for most of the archive... I am very grateful for his generosity!

----8<---- Snip

I've been trying to download some of your releases that are *much* older than three weeks, but it looks like there are (very) few other full sources.
BLT, I've had every Safari Sisters episode including extras shared since Sunday evening and I see lots of FLM people downloading from me and my queue is pretty small, so I know I'm "visible". Is it possible your eMule settings aren't quite right or your firewall is filtering, or something like that?

Granted, I don't have a lot of upload bandwidth, but I'll be happy to reshare anything I have if you tell me what you need.
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote: I've been trying to download some of your releases that are *much* older than three weeks, but it looks like there are (very) few other full sources.
I've got well over 200 loverboy tagged releases & only the recent ones are being shared. I've got them all & you WILL get them eventually but you'll need to be more specific...........and patient! ;)

lb
BizarreLoveTriangle

Phuzzy4242 wrote:BLT, I've had every Safari Sisters episode including extras shared since Sunday evening and I see lots of FLM people downloading from me and my queue is pretty small, so I know I'm "visible". Is it possible your eMule settings aren't quite right or your firewall is filtering, or something like that?
Phuzzy, I really appreciate your kindness. There is one thing I'd like to draw your attention to: when I click "Show Details" on you, I see "Obfuscation: Not supported" and "Kad: Disconnected". This might be a limitation of eMulePlus. If that is correct, it may limit your connectivity.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Neither of those should make a difference. I don't think eMulePlus supports either obfuscation or Kad, but neither should make a real difference. I'm getting lots of hits on the shared files, and highid on every server, so I don't think there's a real problem. Thanks for letting me know.

I have eMule installed and configured but when I went to import the already-started downloads, it doubled everything and there were some other issues. I admit I didn't spend a lot of time on it, just put getting it working correctly on the back burner since eMulePlus has been rock steady for a long time.