[REL] Tomato Ketchup Kotei (1970)

kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Tomato Ketchup Kotei (1970)

Post by kev »   0 likes

Geeze, Louise....

This is one of those movies you gotta kinda tip-toe around... It SEVERLY pushes the envelope between 'ART' and 'CP'...

People got up in arms with Dusan Makavejev and 'Sweet Movie' when he had a lady doing a strip-tease in front of a group of boys; at times placing her bare cr*tch up to one of their faces.

THIS movie has a couple of MUCH more questionable scenes!

From what I know of OTHER movies that are banned, I would say that THIS movie should NOT be downloaded by people from Canada or the UK. :think

Hell, I'm a little nervous about it HERE in the USA... ;)

Although it is by far NOT the STRANGEST movie I have ever seen. If you want WEIRD, check out David Lynch's early shorts, or anything by Alejandro Jodorowsky, Guy Maddin or other 'avant-garde' directors of their ilk.

THIS 'strangeness' just has young boys in VERY questionable situations; had they been young GIRLS with older MEN in the SAME situations, I think there would have been NO QUESTION that this would have been labled 'CP' across the board! It's a shame, really...

Still, after viewing this movie, I felt that a warning should be added to this thread; the ice it treads across is THAT thin!! ;)

kev.
Rich

Post by Rich »   17 likes

English subs are available for the uncut version...

Like this post to see ed2k links  [21.5 Kb]

hmm, how to say this, please research this movie and cross-reference with your local laws :think it's a very interesting early japanese art movie, personally i found it fascinating when i first saw it, but now i probably wouldnt put it on my HD which is such a shame :( :( :( :(

Anyway subs are there.
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

I would be in favour of removing this release.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

The movie didnt do anything for me, but on the other hand I liked it for shock value :bat_angel
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

English subs are available for the uncut version...
So now I can finaly understand the madness

Thanks Rich
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »   0 likes

This looks fantastic. Also found on torrent.

Emperor Tomato Ketchup
[Image]
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

Aaaaaaaaaaaah now i've understood...is called Emperor Tomato Ketchup cause the position of actors remember an Hamburger!!!!

loooooooooooooool
abel

Post by abel »   0 likes

:thumbsup
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

Poet, playright, theatre director, filmmaker, essayist, agitator and lover of all things anarchistic, chaotic, and truthful, SHUJI TERAYAMA (1936-1983) is one of Japan?s most revered and respected artists. In the heady and extremist Japanese art scene of the late 70s, Terayama created a number of unforgettable and highly controversial films. EMPEROR TOMATO KETCHUP is his epic, sexually revolutionary and hallucinatory work from 1972 in which "magical women act as the initiatory, yet protectively maternal sexual partners to children. The children, in revolt, have condemned their parents to death for depriving them of self-expression and sexual freedom; they create a society in which fairies and sex education are equally important and literally combinable." (Amos Vogel, Film as a Subversive Art). Featuring decadent, playful and disturbing episodes which seem to be drawn from the theatrical improvisations of Terayama's "troupe", EMPEROR TOMATO KETCHUP is a strange and breathtaking exploration of taboo and self-determination.
-The Blinding Light
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

:thumbsup