petra

Re: [REL] Pantsu no ana (1984)

Post by petra »   0 likes

Not gonna download this at 4Gb
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

The 480p YouTube link I gave some posts back is about 570,000 kb (~.57 gb). Small enough?
petra

Post by petra »   0 likes

Yes but trying to download is difficult. Using VPN too. Get so far then disconnects even with youtube downloaders.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   38 likes

Well I can fix that for you!

Like this post to see ed2k links  [564.18 Mb]

(Japanese language, no subtitles of any kind. One small TV logo.)

Video identical to YouTube but audio is recoded from Opus to AAC. TVDownloader failed at Logging in with Password and I could not figure out how to get JDownloader2 to login, so I used Xtreme Download Manager to download. It does not ask for Login information, it just captures the stream once the user has accessed it.
MHP_real

Post by MHP_real »   0 likes

Night457 wrote:Thank you for the MEGA link. I am downloading it right now.
I agree, external subtitles are always better when possible.
I would think that the Amazon.jp video would not have subtitles forced on the image (but I am not sure). But it takes someone who can get the video and record it, which is something I have not yet even tried.
so, which one of these link have an English subtitle? because I watch the mega link, there's no subtitle. thanks b4
Night457
Global Moderator

No English subtitles anywhere, sorry. I really, really looked. (A week ago, not today.) Only the hardcoded Japanese and Chinese subtitles on the Mega file.

I would be satisfied with external subtitles that I could machine-translate, but there is not even that. So I just watch and enjoy as is.

Of course if anyone FINDS any external subtitles in any language, please share!
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

Does anyone dare to have a go at OCRing the hard subs? :icon_scared :icon_scared :icon_scared I don't even know which character set is being used.
https://www.nhk.or.jp/lesson/en/letters/hiragana.html
Night457
Global Moderator

My, you are brave, emuler. I have every confidence in you. Go for it!

When I just want to translate small portions of Chinese, Japanese or Cyrillic text, I play the video in VLC and take a selectively-edited jpeg snip of just the text. Then I use an online OCR site to transliterate the picture to text, and then translate that. Amateur manga translators will do that for the "sound pictures" (ZAP! BOOM! POW!) when they don't actually know Japanese.

I would think if you did that to just one line of text, you could use the resulting characters to find out what the character set is. I have not tried exactly that, but by plugging in the text to Word or maybe just Google search, you might find out.

Or start the OCR with one character set, and if it is not giving results then switch to another character set. I know at times I have said to myself, "WHOOPS, wrong language! It won't figure it out from that."
Night457
Global Moderator

emuler wrote:I don't even know which character set is being used.
I am going to say "all of the above".

My idea did not work out quite as I thought, mostly because most online OCR tools used for Japanese really SUCK! But I got one to work, and plugged the result into Google translate.

Hiragana and Katakana are phonetic, and Google translate gave the result phonetically underneath. Then I looked up those sounds in the chart you linked, comparing (for example) 'Ni' in one chart with 'Ni' in the other, and finding many characters that were Hiragana. However, I could also see some that looked more like Katakana. And some were CLEARLY Kanji, no mistaking that. So I had to educamate myself some.

https://www.fluentin3months.com/hiragana-vs-katakana/

Kanji is the traditional Japanese 'picture writing' - ideograms - symbols as whole words, borrowed from the Chinese. Hiragana is phonetic and is most commonly used on a daily basis, either by itself or in combination with Kanji. Katakana is phonetic and is used for foreign loan words, of which there are many. So it does not surprise me that subtitles for a modern-set film would have all 3 styles. A good OCR program ought to recognize them all.

I think the Chinese subtitles are Simplified.

Japanese or Chinese readers, please feel free to slap me silly and make any corrections!

I am sure at this point, emuler is halfway done with the OCR.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: I am sure at this point, emuler is halfway done with the OCR.
I asked if anyone dared. I do NOT. :oops: :lol:

I came, I saw, I turned around and went somewhere else.