[REL] Pippi Långstrump (1969) [TV series]

PuffyCo

Re: [REL] Pippi Långstrump (1969) [TV series]

Post by PuffyCo »   0 likes

Yes! The exact scene! What a delightful introduction for Annika. The girl knows how to make an entrance, for sure. I suppose this scene it is not in the movies just as a matter cutting time. Being that there are certainly more revealing scenes than this in the movie versions. You are right though, she certainly slides at a more loving pace. ❤️

In regards to the files. Thank you for confirming all is right. I must admit I am using the app "Mule for Android" which means I have a permanent LowID for servers who even let me connect. Must be some sort of file corruption happening on my end. I have downloaded VLC with no luck and the downloads show 100%. Quite frankly, I simply need to do better.

And this content is fantastic motivation :)
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

PuffyCo wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 5:45 am I suppose this scene it is not in the movies just as a matter cutting time.
That is a reasonable assumption.

The first two movies (99min + 83min = 182min, according to IMDB) are edited from the series (27min x 13 episodes = 351 min). Even with opening and closing credits, it is clear that about half of the series footage is cut. (The 3rd and 4th movies are new material about new adventures.)
I must admit I am using the app "Mule for Android" which means I have a permanent LowID for servers who even let me connect.
I don't have experience with Android Mule, but even with LowID you can still download from people who are HighID. I am HighID, and I will share Pippi until my computer dies.

Can anyone give advice about "Mule for Android"? PuffyCo, if you have technical questions you can search and ask in the eMule Help forum: viewforum.php?f=69 Someone out there might have Android knowledge that would help you.
Must be some sort of file corruption happening on my end.
I think you have figured correctly, unfortunately. This makes me sad. I love Pippi and want everyone to enjoy her adventures. I hope you figure out a fix for this issue, for ALL the content you can get from emule and FLM. Good luck.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

While eMule is the standard here and a great resource, some members choose to provide direct-download links. I like to use ulozto. It does not have the fastest downloads and it is geoblocked in Germany, but a VPN will get around that. It is free, and the files seem to stay there. I have never downloaded on an Android device, but maybe this will provide a more effective download source for some.

All 13 episodes 1080p:
https://ulozto.net/tamhle/AODIrMSwImfl/ ... 5LITR0At==

English subtitles:
https://ulozto.net/tamhle/x3ACY9rC2k4g/ ... 1+ZGEVBJV1

Swedish subtitles:
https://ulozto.net/tamhle/uwM4EHpX9shF/ ... AwpzAuZD==
ferdi111

Post by ferdi111 »   1 likes

By the way... at Pirate Bay they still seed it with GT subs https://thepiratebay.org/description.php?id=17614332

only all comments have disappeared somewhere
But some time ago when they existed it was something a la English subs finally thank you and nobody said what googletranslated nonsense it is
Night457
Global Moderator

Fortunately Google Translate keeps getting better and better. Except for French; I am still bewildered by what Google makes of that.

Honestly, I first watched all of the Lindgren films and series without benefit of subtitles, and they were understandable enough anyway. I have begun to believe that talking is overrated. I find it a relief when I get to watch an FLM movie that has no subtitles in any language.
ferdi111

Regarding to Pippi... in that case machine translation was not done from Swedish but from Estonian
The result was crap
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:58 pmHonestly, I first watched all of the Lindgren films and series without benefit of subtitles, and they were understandable enough anyway. I have begun to believe that talking is overrated. I find it a relief when I get to watch an FLM movie that has no subtitles in any language.

Depends on the movie. If the plot is simple enough that it's obvious what's happening you can watch it without subtitles. If the story is complex, jumps around in time, and little details matter, you will be hopelessly lost without the dialogue.
ferdi111

In Pippi case... it followed the book quite closely there was a lot of lines that were 100% same as in the book
Night457
Global Moderator

ferdi111 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:56 pm in that case machine translation was not done from Swedish but from Estonian
The result was crap
Oh yeah, I remember THOSE subtitles!!! :D You are right.
Hopefully Google translate does better with Estonian these days.
deadman wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:58 pm...you will be hopelessly lost...
Yeah, you are describing my life anyway. Why should movies make any more sense?

Seriously though, I like the challenge of trying to figure things out without the aid of language. It helps keep these moldy brain cells active. When I recently watched a talky German TV police procedural without subs, I was pretty much lost. But I enjoyed it anyway.

Also, children tell you everything right on their faces and with body language, so some of them are perfect natural actors. Most adult actors are boring to watch in comparison.