Webrips and webDLs

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
goku33

Re: Webrips and webDLs

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:11 pm
Does Canadian iTunes do something tricky that the other iTunes do not?
No. ;) The app is the same. :lol:

It just impossible to remove the DRM protection for newer realeases. So the only way is a screen capture. Very tricky with this f**ing app to get a smooth result... :roll:
Night457 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:32 pm Tell all your hacker friends to update their DRM-removal techniques!
More discussion about DRM/iTunes here: https://old.reddit.com/r/appletv/commen ... ools_work/

According to one user in that thread, he managed to download a copy Of a recent tv show episode with TunesKit. (Some people had said you can only rip old iTunes releases & need to use an older iTunes version.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Yes, removing DRM with TunesKit or M4VGear only works with iTunes versions older than 12.10. The problem is, the new movie releases don't play anymore with these old software versions. The very latest iTunes versions even have some kind of hardware protection which makes it impossible to capture your screen. Fuck iTunes!
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:22 pm Although I'm not sure how the releasers who put out 4K web-dls do it - most downloaders I've seen top out at 1080p. Content providers seem to prioritize the 4K. I suppose the people who have decrypted 2160p streams don't want studios to know how it was done by making their code public.
Yes, the tools the scene uses aren’t publicly available although a while ago some outdated tools were leaked (but I think this lead to Amazon etc changing their widevine keys or something. You can still find the widevine-decryptor Tools on GitHub.

Kind of sad that we have to rely on these piracy groups to rip the full 4k versions. But I’m still thankful.