[REL] Mauvaises fréquentations (1999)

ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Mauvaises fréquentations (1999)

Post by ghost »   1 likes

David32441 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:55 pm Working on an AI 720p upscale of the DVD rip. Might get it posted tonight, otherwise tomorrow.
Thanks David. ;) I'm not very interested in this movie. So I'm glad you're doing the job.
David32441

Post by David32441 »   5 likes

OK, upscaled from the DVD iso that was posted.
The DVD was not a "widescreen enhanced" DVD so only pushed the upscale to 720p (still, that's a generous 174%) - but it looks pretty good imho.
4 files - 1.53gb.
Stereo French audio from the DVD.
There were no extras on the DVD to include - so it's just the film.
English subtitles as found and released here - they're embedded as a layer in the mkv to save anyone the trouble of adding them - useful if playing them off a PC or have a hardware player that can play mkv with embedded SRT like I do!

https://mega.nz/file/4QAChC5S#LFYOGr3qt ... 2nKdEL85ek
https://mega.nz/file/pVAAnYQC#CZNZS3VEL ... mPi63fMS0A
https://mega.nz/file/8NxUlSbY#ISaZrOgma ... UGIhuqnYmk
https://mega.nz/file/8EgQDYBZ#MHTa7VsVG ... B5n7sdKD7s
If someone can do the usual and share it into EMule.

* Note the resolution is 1232x720 but with a embedded display resolution of 1280x720.
There's not a great deal of difference between the 2. But I double-checked using the "Universal" studio round globe log at the 0h00m03s mark to see if the globe/circle had the same width and height. It did when set to 1280x720 :) Good of them to provide a handy circle to check the aspect ratio! Obviously a circle should have hte same width and height - otherwise the aspect ratio has got screwed up. With DVD and PAL vs NTSC the aspect ratios can be a bit off as PAL is 720x576, NTSC is 720x480. Some DVD's are widescreen enhanced. It gets complicated - good to check against a circle, or to know what aspect ratio it was filmed in. So much stuff on youtube gets the wrong aspect ratio!
Last edited by David32441 on Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
David32441

Post by David32441 »   2 likes

I've not seen the film yet myself - the upscale is mainly for my benefit!
I tend to love these small Europan films (especially the French ones) more than something big from Hollywood with a budget 20x as big - so much more heart in them!

[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Thank you David! I had not seen any version yet and I am still interested in the film.
David32441 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:06 am I've not seen the film yet myself - the upscale is mainly for my benefit!
After all the work you put into it I sure hope you like it!

Me, I will happily watch an SD version of a film first and then look for improvements or translate subtitles intensely if I really like it. So if someone like you upgrades the SD before I even watch it, that's even better!
David32441

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:27 am Thank you David! I had not seen any version yet and I am still interested in the film.
David32441 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:06 am I've not seen the film yet myself - the upscale is mainly for my benefit!
After all the work you put into it I sure hope you like it!

Me, I will happily watch an SD version of a film first and then look for improvements or translate subtitles intensely if I really like it. So if someone like you upgrades the SD before I even watch it, that's even better!
Haha. I sure hope so!
Got "La Boum 2" to watch first, then this!
Encoding mp4 on a modern graphics card is sooo much better than on my old Dual-Core PC. The graphics card has some hardware ASIC chips that mean in say Handbrake I can run it on "really slow" (super high quality intensive search mode) and it'll take only an hour to encode a 90minute film. On a PC without the fast graphics card that would take 20 hours!
The AI enhancement took "only" 10 hours for a 720p. But then my graphics card seems to be 3-5x slower than Ghost's!
David32441

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

If someone can confirm the download and all work ok! That it looks ok! Oh, and provide an emule link. I also named my file AI DVD upscale after seeing this discussion on another thread!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Download confirmed and it works no problem. Audio in sync, subtitles in sync, video looks super nice! Great job!
Spoiler:

The Universal globe looks round but supposedly the Earth is actually a somewhat elliptical "oblate spheroid". Maybe it is time for globes and the Universal logo to change (again).

I have been resisting posting something on FLM and eMule until I actually watch it, and have room on my shrinking shared computer drive for it. Most everything I download now gets moved off to an external drive ASAP so I have room for shares and files to be worked on. It looks like I still have another, oh, 10 hours of subtitle translating to do for one movie, so who the heck knows when I will get to watch any movie. And there is nothing wrong with your MEGA links. So don't be offended by a lack of someone else providing an emule link. And David, you have LowID but that does not prevent eMule sharing entirely, so you can do it yourself.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thank you very much for the quality upscale, David! I will grab it once my mega bandwidth allotment refreshes. I am having minor computer troubles atm, but once they're smoothed out, I can help source it over emule!
goku33

Post by goku33 »   1 likes

David32441 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:58 pm
Great work on the upscale, David! Thanks
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:16 pm Download confirmed and it works no problem. Audio in sync, subtitles in sync, video looks super nice! Great job!
Spoiler:

The Universal globe looks round but supposedly the Earth is actually a somewhat elliptical "oblate spheroid". Maybe it is time for globes and the Universal logo to change (again).

I have been resisting posting something on FLM and eMule until I actually watch it, and have room on my shrinking shared computer drive for it. Most everything I download now gets moved off to an external drive ASAP so I have room for shares and files to be worked on. It looks like I still have another, oh, 10 hours of subtitle translating to do for one movie, so who the heck knows when I will get to watch any movie. And there is nothing wrong with your MEGA links. So don't be offended by a lack of someone else providing an emule link. And David, you have LowID but that does not prevent eMule sharing entirely, so you can do it yourself.
Cool, glad it's working for people and appreciated :)