[REL] L 'Adolescente (1979)

jason181

Re: [REL] L 'Adolescente (1979)

Post by jason181 »   102 likes

Emule link for David's post.
David32441 wrote:ok... enough of the project details. I've done the encode of my upgrade.
It's Ghost's encode but with the chroma colour shift issue and the 100s of bad frames cleaned (examples above).
The subtitles are an optional SRT in the mkv. 2.6gb (300mb x 9 files) - if somebody can share into EMule please. Thanks!Y
Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.50 Gb]
David32441

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

Night457 wrote:WOW, David! I was waiting to comment until you had finished your work. You do realize that people actually get paid to do restoration work like this? Have you considered a career change? Or is this the type of work that you will only devote time to if it is for movies you really like, rather than just work for hire?

I look forward to checking out your cleaned-up, CG-enhanced, hand-shifting version to see if you made Greedo shoot first. [Image] :lol:
:lol: Very good. No CGI creatures roaming the hills in this now.
In fact I was dissapointed by the end of the film that there wasn't more on the main relationship and it descended into more about the other goings on in the village. I got quite quick at taking out the spots and noise I spotted... when it took under a minute to take out some marks, well I thought, what the hell.
Simply export frame, choose PNG, next frame, export frame, choose PNG. Drop both into photoshop on top of each other. Use the erase tool to delete the dirt on the top layer exposing the clean layer below for that spot. Then save back the top frame as PNG, alt-tab and drop the fixed frame back at the right place. It's a pretty quick technique when there's just spots.
The day job pays the bills quite nicely - too old to retrain and go into this now professionally. I'd probably get bored of this after a bit. I'm no photoshop genius either, but I like to dabble in video editing tools. I'm really liking Shotcut - it's an amazing Freeware tool with really powerful techniques. Anyone interested should check out some of the Youtube tutorials. Some really good ones out there.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks for all your work, David.

I'll check your "cleaned" version.

But is all this time consuming worth it with a VHS-Rip? It never will look really good and it's still far away from DVD quality :(
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

ghost wrote:Thanks for all your work, David.

I'll check your "cleaned" version.

But is all this time consuming worth it with a VHS-Rip? It never will look really good and it's still far away from DVD quality :(
If you're holding back a DVD or blu-ray, please tell us :)
I kinda expect one might not appear? DVD seems to be on it's way out with the advent of streaming. Films like this might never get a better release.
Betwen us we've pulled it from a VHS to a poor DVD now I think :)
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

"Au cinéma le 15 février 2023" :o

Anyone got more informations about that?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

« Lumière » (1976)
« l’Adolescente » (1979)
« Lillian Gish » (1983)
Restored and digitized, the three films written and directed by Jeanne Moreau are now visible on the big screen.

Between 1975 and 1983, Jeanne Moreau wrote and directed three feature films which had been invisible for many years, due to the very poor condition of the prints. Created in 2017, after the death of the actress, the Jeanne Moreau Foundation had these films restored and digitized so that they could finally be reviewed and reconsidered, then discovered by younger generations. They have been distributed in theaters by Carlotta Films since February 15, and are showing at La Cinémathèque de Toulouse at the beginning of March.
From March 1 to 9, at the Cinémathèque de Toulouse , 69, rue du Taur, Toulouse. Such. 05 62 30 30 10.
https://blog.culture31.com/2023/02/28/la-cineaste/

So hop on over to Toulouse tomorrow before it ends!

Then head on over to New York:
JEANNE MOREAU, CINÉASTE
Friday, March 17 – Thursday, March 23

New restorations of Moreau’s rarely-seen work as a director, LUMIÈRE (1976), THE ADOLESCENT (1979), and the documentary LILLIAN GISH (1984).

All three released by Kino Lorber/Carlotta Films US.

Jeanne Moreau, Cinéaste follows a two-week retrospective of the iconic star’s greatest performances, JEANNE MOREAU, ACTRICE (March 3 – 16).
https://filmforum.org/series/jeanne-moreau-cineaste

Note: Kino Lorber in the U.S. is a fairly large boutique Blu-ray and 4k UHD label. Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more SAY NO MORE!
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

Hope we'll get a bluray release after the cinema run! Or they'll appear on some streaming service somewhere!
deadman

Post by deadman »   3 likes

David32441 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:33 am Hope we'll get a bluray release after the cinema run! Or they'll appear on some streaming service somewhere!

It would be a real waste to do a full restoration and then just stick it back in the vault after a brief film festival run. The fact that it was a boutique DVD/blu-ray outlet that restored the films certainly does make it more likely they'll be releasing them under their label.
jiushi22

Post by jiushi22 »   0 likes

Thank you all for Posting the good news, the day finally came, I hope the download link for the Blu-ray fix version will be posted here soon.