[REL] Square Dance (1987)

pillowbaker

[REL] Square Dance (1987)

Post by pillowbaker »   23 likes

Square Dance aka
Wiedersehen in Texas
Skinn på näsan!
Enséñame a bailar

Two English subs included in mkv file, sdh and non-sdh.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Anyone recognize this one?

[Image]

Hint? Well, she went on to be massively productive, and this was no strange thing. Definitely not as strange as some random drink made of shiny, shielded insects. Considering her strong abilities, for sure, no one interrupted this girl. I heard she eventually took a throaty bite of reality and became of a proponent of scissor safety. Oh day-O, me say you'll wan' go home for this little woman.

Now after learning about this little señora, why don't you shake, shake, shake your way to my emule (or torrent) link. ↓↓

. . . :icon_cool2

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

imdb trivia wrote:Winona Ryder's second acting role but her first film where she plays the main character.
imdb wrote:A 13-year-old girl changes a pleasant life in the countryside for a troubled life in the city.
Gemma is 13 years old lives and with her grandpa in the country, she has for many years. One day her mother shows up, and wants to take Gemma to the city. Her mother is married now, and can provide for Gemma. Gemma goes with her mother. In the city she gets to know Rory, a mentally disabled boy. They play together, and imagine...

This is a fairly slow moving and subdued film, and also features a fairly quiet audio track, which was consistent across all versions I found of this film. Couple that with a southern accent, and occasionally you may notice parts that are hard to hear clearly. Some lines were hard even for me. Fortunately, we had regular and SDH subs already included in the file.

I thought Winona was pretty cute in her overalls here. This film is unlikely to approach classic territory for anyone, but it is a pleasant and easy watch, and the relationship that sorta grows between Gemma and Rory is sweet. As main girl, she carries most of the film and is in the large majority of scenes.

Yes, before you point it out, that image above is from Lucas.

[Image]
[Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image] [Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.20 Gb]

torrent of the same file here, still seeded:
https://1337x.to/torrent/4654955/Square ... 7-DVD-TGx/

YT link of a 1080p upscale (Note: this upscale is of noticeably lower quality than the DVDrip that I'm sharing, proof below):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ54O1C3tyE

If anyone has an upgrade or a full DVD5 of this, please let me know.

For those tempted by the upscale, see this first.
Spoiler:

[Image] - from the upscale on YT.

[Image] - from the DVDrip

Open them up and view them at 100%, you'll see immediately distinction on the radio is pretty bad on the upscale. But streaming is convenient, so it's there for you.

More random info about the film:
Spoiler:

This film has a surprising number of anecdotes available for reading from those involved in the film's creation. Many of them cite being influenced or impressed with Winona's strong character and abilities, who was around 14 or 15 during filming.

For those interested in Winona during this time, these are fun little reads:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainmen ... -gap.html/

This one involves one of the main band members of The Monkeys Monkees, who was a producer of this film, and who, during filming, had the opportunity to sneak "Nonie" into one of his own concerts. He makes strong, though likely innocent claims, such as "falling in love with her" at that time.

Another:
https://www.imdb.com/review/rw1308303/?ref_=tt_urv

This is from a an imdb reviewer who is interested in giving us some insider scoop, behind the scenes. He claims to play the character of the preacher "Dub Mosely" and writes about his experience with the director, his part, and his impression of Winona.

[Image]
What a cutie. Wanna see her in overalls? Well it's all in the movie.
Last edited by pillowbaker on Wed May 24, 2023 5:32 am, edited 6 times in total.
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Square Dance (1987)

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Wow! And this one was not at FLM already?? Thank you so much for bringing it here!

I have fond memories of the young Winona. :oops:

Even *I* could see that the 1080p "upscale" was not very good. Ewww. I am grabbing your DVDrip without hesitation.

P.S.: It is "The Monkees" not "The Monkeys"!
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Square Dance (1987)

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Oh thanks, pillow. :P

This was totally unknown to me.
I have fond memories of the young Winona. :oops:
Me too. :oops: