[REQ] Universal Signs (2008)

Triela

Re: [REQ] Universal Signs (2008)

Post by Triela »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:23 pm They have it on Amazom Prime Video. It seems to be a silent movie. https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Signs- ... B0791LZSFZ
I don't have that, but could you download or screen capture it? Windows 10 + 11 has a built-in screen recorder:
WindowsKey + G
or
WindowsKey + Alt + R to start recording immediately
Night457 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:38 pm IMDB lists the Language as American Sign Language, so I am hoping there are subtitles for everyone else. Oh wait, now I see that it IS captioned. And also stars ... Margot Kidder! Robert Picardo! I'm excited by the supporting cast!
Exited enough to grab it?
Last edited by Triela on Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I have been reading and posting so much on FLM today that I have not spent ANY time looking for any of the movies that I want to look for. I am afraid I do not have Amazon Prime -- so I never bothered to download any of the software that supposedly will download from it directly.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I don't have that, but could you download or screen capture it? Windows 10 + 11 has a built-in screen recorder:
WindowsKey + G
or
WindowsKey + Alt + R to start recording immediately
I have better software to record a movie from my screen. I even have the possibility to downlaod from Amazon in original quality.

Do you think the movie is worth to pay 2,99? It seems that the girl doesn't have much screentime.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

DISCREET SPOILERS on the premise of the film

I had been wondering about the child screentime as I read more about the film. The IMDB & Amazon plot synopsis totally gives away the fact that at least one young character may only be in the movie for a short time. I was hoping to find a free SD streaming version to scroll through just to check this sort of thing out, but I had no luck.
Tormented day and night by memories and self-blame, Andrew falls in a downward spiral of depression and anger that alienates everyone around him.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Signs

It seems the story is mostly about the adults, although the cute little girl is in the trailer. Maybe she features repeatedly in the memories of the traumatized man.

Trailer:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVBmKMXjUPE
Triela

ghost wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:14 am I have better software to record a movie from my screen.
What software, pray tell? Freeware or payware?
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

What software, pray tell? Freeware or payware?
As far as I can remember, the Windows screen recorder always captures with 30fps. Movies are running with 24 or 25fps. So the result won't be playing smooth and will look jerky.

My personal favourite is Audials One. It isn't for free, but has so many options and is really great for capturing a movie from your browser.

AND: It doesn't record any overlays like the play button. Only the video stream.
Triela

Post by Triela »   1 likes

I did not put the actor name because I did not run the risk of being accused,
Que? No me entiendes que quieres decir.
Maddie Ziegler, alleged abuse and subsequent pregnancy in the Zoey 101 series,

Que? Quien?
Sully23 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:30 ameverything already makes one think things like if Brooke shields or Lara Wendel have become targets of predators in the industry.
Are there any reports or articles which claim that or are you speculating that happened?
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

Triela wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:13 pm
I did not put the actor name because I did not run the risk of being accused,
Que? No me entiendes que quieres decir.
If the actor does not accept the charge or has not been sentenced, I will not give a name to prevent him from slandering me (false accusation).
Triela wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:13 pm
Maddie Ziegler, alleged abuse and subsequent pregnancy in the Zoey 101 series,

Que? Quien?
I'd better look up your sources, and Maddie is another story.
Triela wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:13 pm Are there any reports or articles which claim that or are you speculating that happened?
If pedophilia exists in the Vatican, it would also exist in the film industry, it's my !imagination!
Davros6

Post by Davros6 »   0 likes

Sully23 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:30 pm
If pedophilia exists in the Vatican, it would also exist in the film industry, it's my !imagination!
Let's not forget, pedophilia is the attraction towards prepubescents and ephebophilia is the attraction towards pubescents.
I drink therefore I am
Triela

Davros6 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:58 pmLet's not forget, pedophilia is the attraction towards prepubescents and ephebophilia is the attraction towards pubescents.
This won't make a diference .... anywhere.

So: Is Brooke Shields in Pretty Baby (1978) ... prepubescents or pubescent?
Same question for Eva Ionesco and Lara Wendel in Maladolescenza (1977)....
in your opinion