[REL] Hangok háza (2014) [Hungary]

Short films and movies available on-line at Vimeo, YouTube and similar sites can be posted here once they have an ed2k link.
Night457
Global Moderator

[REL] Hangok háza (2014) [Hungary]

Post by Night457 »   41 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11468762/

AKA Das laute haus [Germany]
English translation of Hungarian: "House of Sounds"
English translation of German: "The Noisy House"

The original Hungarian version is 18:11 and I got it from YouTube:
https://youtu.be/sAETlhJDVnA

The German-dubbed version is 14:29 and I got it from ardmediathek.de, but it is no longer found there. I have not made a detailed comparison of scene differences, but I noticed that the Hungarian version has additional dialog along with the added footage.

My synopsis: The music of a home comes from the people living and working and the children playing in it. The noise keeps it alive!

First 3 screenshots from the Hungarian video:
[Image][Image][Image]

Next 3 screenshots from the German video:
[Image][Image][Image]

Thank you Nasuada for the suggestion, back in November 2021!

German and English subtitles for the German audio version:
Hangok Háza (2014).GERMAN Audio--German&English_SRTs.zip
|
1080p Original Hungarian audio or German-dub audio versions:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [397.84 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [527.64 Mb]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DreamScape

Re: [REL] Hangok háza (2014) [Hungary]

Post by DreamScape »   1 likes

Impressive iMDb rating!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

German and English subtitles have been added to the first post for the shorter German audio version. It took me over a year to finish the subtitle translation (after I set it aside!), and in that time I can see the major improvements to Google Translation of German to English. The longer Hungarian version has additional dialog and not just added action, so it is probably not worthwhile resyncing the subtitles to that version. I watched the English subtitled German version for comprehension and the original Hungarian for pure pleasure.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

DreamScape wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:54 am Impressive iMDb rating!
Hah, I had not noticed that! People who rate movies at IMDB are generally all drooling morons, and the site particularly attracts trolls who review-bomb select targets. 12 votes isn't even a representative sample.

When I notice shockingly low ratings, it is generally something I like. And when I absolutely loathe something, I see it gets high ratings.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Wow, what a thorough REL. Thanks for the different versions and explanations and the subs! I will likely go your route of the German dub first.

About the ratings, I've seen some pretty hit-or-miss imdb ratings. Some of the best, imo, martial arts movies have a lot of what I'd call mediocre ratings. And then it's overwrought hokeypokey ones like "Crouching Monkey, Hidden Wagon", get super high ratings. I suppose it is also fun to find great movies that you initially discover because of high ratings. I suppose it IS people making these ratings anyways. All you need an an imdb account, right?
orangelamp

Post by orangelamp »   0 likes

Excellent work, thanks Night457!
Night457
Global Moderator

I had originally abandoned this project over a year ago because I was so angry that I could not resync the subs to the original-audio version. I don't know why they edited the already-short video further, there is nothing that seems to be censorable!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks for finding and all the work you put in it! Great job. ;)
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:29 am Wow, what a thorough REL. Thanks for the different versions and explanations and the subs! I will likely go your route of the German dub first.

About the ratings, I've seen some pretty hit-or-miss imdb ratings. Some of the best, imo, martial arts movies have a lot of what I'd call mediocre ratings. And then it's overwrought hokeypokey ones like "Crouching Monkey, Hidden Wagon", get super high ratings. I suppose it is also fun to find great movies that you initially discover because of high ratings. I suppose it IS people making these ratings anyways. All you need an an imdb account, right?
Anyone here wanna give us a short review of the film? I tried to get a synopsis from translated Wikipedia article.
Night457
Global Moderator

As goku noted,
The main character is Sára, who is a 9-year-old girl and lives in an apartment building in downtown Budapest. It's never quiet in the city center, there's always a lot of noise. One fine day, new residents move in. Sára is very interested in one of the new residents, a boy named Balázs, who lives in a strange, closed world. He doesn't want to talk to anyone, and he can't stand the everyday noises in the house. Sára decides to try to help him with her friends, and they succeed.
- translated from https://hu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangok_h%C3%A1za

I don't see this short as being particularly plot-heavy. I watched it a few times for the pleasure of seeing children at play.