Anyone also into collecting the trailer and cover art, dvd/BluRay covers and Posters, dvd extras of TV Shows & Films?

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
goku33

Anyone also into collecting the trailer and cover art, dvd/BluRay covers and Posters, dvd extras of TV Shows & Films?

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

I really like digging for high quality and high resolution posters, dvd/BluRay covers and generally graphical art related to a film or tv series. Even though I don’t burn much dvds/BluRay anymore lol.

And I have started a habit to download the trailers in high quality of any film I like because I noticed that there are always some films or tv shows whose Trailer you already can’t find anymore! (Or only in super low resolution while a trailer might actually still exist on a dvd of another film from the same distributor!).

I appreciate the few youtube channels that have been uploading old trailers, not previously seen online. Like sometimes it can get difficult to find the original trailer or promotional video of a film that was made in the 70s, 80s, 90s.
Nasuada

Re: Anyone also into collecting the trailer and cover art, dvd/BluRay covers and Posters, dvd extras of TV Shows & Films

Post by Nasuada »   0 likes

In the past I downloaded a lot of Trailers in a good quality from apple.com/trailers (who's still existing). That was before the hype around youtube ;-) But now in the time of YT and other video platforms I see no reason anymore to safe all that stuff.

Around DVD's or BluRays I still prefer to get them but it's sadly a harder buisness since Corona. Netflix, Amazon, Disney and Co. destroy the huge collections in the local shops (in Germany). Before Corona i spend lot of hours to going to the shops and watchig for movies to collect them. I missed that times very much.

For movie posters I often try to get them as a print for my flat. And yep, if I got a high res picture around a good movie, I safe that to on my HD.
[Image]
goku33

Re: Anyone also into collecting the trailer and cover art, dvd/BluRay covers and Posters, dvd extras of TV Shows & Films

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Nasuada wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:56 pm In the past I downloaded a lot of Trailers in a good quality from apple.com/trailers (who's still existing). That was before the hype around youtube ;-) But now in the time of YT and other video platforms I see no reason anymore to safe all that stuff.

Around DVD's or BluRays I still prefer to get them but it's sadly a harder buisness since Corona. Netflix, Amazon, Disney and Co. destroy the huge collections in the local shops (in Germany). Before Corona i spend lot of hours to going to the shops and watchig for movies to collect them. I missed that times very much.

For movie posters I often try to get them as a print for my flat. And yep, if I got a high res picture around a good movie, I safe that to on my HD.
The thing with YouTube is, content gets removed and deleted all the time. Anything we don’t have on our own hard drives, we don’t actually own or have full access to. I don’t want to rely on some channel still having the trailer in 5 years on their Channel. Who knows, maybe one day YouTube itself will have storage issues.