[REL] Veneno para las hadas (1984) [Mexico]

c4po

Re: [REL] Veneno para las hadas (1984) [Mexico]

Post by c4po »   1 likes

The movie can also be found here as a 720p or 1080p torrent in what sounds like Spanish to my untrained ears:

https://yts.mx/movies/poison-for-the-fairies-1986

English subtitles are included in the download.
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

The YTS version is roughly the same duration as the one released by Starfish. ghost's is 3 minutes shorter. Does anyone know what is different and is it significant?
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Interesting!

This site also mentions recent bluray release encodes, but I do not know how to get them and I don't see them mentioned anywhere else.

And uloz has an HD file here, 3.6gb, 1:29:57:
https://ulozto.net/file/NlepJZph1HYj/ve ... 64-ac3-mkv

It is entitled "Veneno.para.las.hadas.AKA.Poison.for.the.Fairies.1986.1080p.BluRay.x264-AC3.mkv"
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   3 likes

emuler wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:16 am The YTS version is roughly the same duration as the one released by Starfish. ghost's is 3 minutes shorter. Does anyone know what is different and is it significant?
It is a framerate difference, that is all. Ghost's file is 25fps (as always) and the YTS file is 23.976fps, just like starfish's.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:45 am This site also mentions recent bluray release encodes, but I do not know how to get them and I don't see them mentioned anywhere else.
Run far, run fast. Or:

Click on the file title like "Poison.For.The.Fairies.1986.Darker.Than.Night.1975.1080p.Blu-ray.Remux.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.1.0-HDT". It will open another page. Scroll down to get past the file specifications and screenshots. After that is the "Access the links" button. BUT FIRST, read the comments below that: "Thanks, but it’s the wrong file: it’s not Poison for the Fairies, but Darker Than the Night."

If you still want to download it, then click "Access the links". The next page will have rapidgator and nitroflare links, which you will need a PREMIUM ACCOUNT to download effectively. The free mode will either TAKE FOREVER or fail out after a few hours wasted.

(That is why I said "Run far, run fast.")
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Be aware of that the Blu-ray is cropped to 16:9. My file has the original aspect ratio (4:3).
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Ha! I have to admit that by my definitions that IS a significant difference. I did not bother downloading the later versions because I already had ghost's. I only looked at the spec numbers and not the images. I will happily stick with the full frame image rather than go to the matted one, even though theatrically it would have had the 1.85.
pillowbaker

Night457 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:38 amIf you still want to download it, then click "Access the links". The next page will have rapidgator and nitroflare links, which you will need a PREMIUM ACCOUNT to download effectively. The free mode will either TAKE FOREVER or fail out after a few hours wasted.
Thank you Night, I had already figured out the "Access the links" part. Usually I don't bother with a lot of these, but this time I gave them a try. They will not allow you to download, even in free mode. Premium required. This is why I said I couldn't get them to work, and I should have been more precise. ;)

Anyways, a decent SD release (or upscale) in original aspect ratio beats a 1080p bluray remaster ANYDAY! Thank you for pointing that out, ghost.

. . . . [whyohwhypourquoiwarumvarförpor-qué왜 do they still do this?!]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Anyways, a decent SD release (or upscale) in original aspect ratio beats a 1080p bluray release ANYDAY!
Oh, shame on me! I really can't remember if I upscaled it or where I got it from. :( But I guess I upscaled the DVD.
pillowbaker

Oh I wasn't asking you for the source, I was simply saying thank you for for pointing out that the original film was in 4:3 and that the bluray was cropped. I would have never noticed since I had not downloaded this one before. ;)