[REL] Ultimate Betrayal (1994)

billanben

[REL] Ultimate Betrayal (1994)

Post by billanben »   0 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111539/

This is based on a true story about two sisters who sue their father for incest and child abuse. As the story unfolds, it is revealed that the father severely abused all six children, and committed incest with all four of his daughters. The two sons received the worst of the physical abuse. The mother stood haplessly by and allowed her husband to control the family through his methods of "discipline". The movie includes graphic descriptions and scenes of the abuse which are disturbing.

Since this is US made for TV, can't believe the last bit. Anyone seen this ? Worth seeing or typical US TV fare ?

Thx
kev
Site Admin

Re: [REL] Ultimate Betrayal (1994)

Post by kev »   13 likes

billanben wrote:...The movie includes graphic descriptions and scenes of the abuse which are disturbing...
This person says otherwise:
This movie was all right for television standards. Not really remarkable, but certainly not horrible. I'm addicted to made-for-TV flicks, so this was just another notch on my proverbial post...

Maybe I'm weird, but I did not think that it was particularly frank or moving. It was average. Marlo Thomas was not believable at all, and parts were almost laughable.

But I digress, I didn't hate this. I just felt that the whole production was only so-so. Bliss, a real movie, was much better at telling a story of childhood sexual abuse. I want to note that I understand there are certain limitations about what you can and can't do on TV, but I know that this could have been better.
It's available on DVD:
http://www.dpbuk-demo.com/DVD/red_movie ... p-726.html
[Image]

and in the US:
http://www.moviesunlimited.com/musite/p ... sku=D43992++
[Image]

Still worth checking into; as well as the OTHER movie mentioned here; Bliss [ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118742/ ]. Which I think is THIS movie [possibly dubbed in Spanish]:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.79 Mb]

kev.
Hell

Post by Hell »   0 likes

Still worth checking into; as well as the OTHER movie mentioned here; Bliss [ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118742/ ]. Which I think is THIS movie [possibly dubbed in Spanish]:
El.amor.es.extasis.(Bliss).(Spanish.English).(DVD-Rip).(XviD-AC3).[HispaShare.Com].(by.prote288).(indicedonkey.com).avi (700.79 MB)
Nope.. Not he right one..
billanben

Agree - went through all on IMDB and couldn't find any Bliss to match this description. Anyway, seriously doubt availability on EM.
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

billanben wrote:Agree - went through all on IMDB and couldn't find any Bliss to match this description. Anyway, seriously doubt availability on EM.
LOL.

Hell was referring to my ed2k link: IT isn't the right one. (The main reason I thought it was, was because the director's name [Lance Young] is listed in the oringinal link:
...El.amor.es.extasis.[Bliss].[Lance.Young.1997].DVDRip...)

Original statement:
...Bliss, a real movie, was much better at telling a story of childhood sexual abuse...
[Image]

http://imdb.com/title/tt0118742/

HOWEVER; I am 99% sure that the MOVIE itself IS the correct movie that the person that was reviewing the movie was referring to as when I googled 'Bliss+incest' the Amazon.com page for THIS movie came up with THESE statements from it's various reviews:
...But it is when Joseph and Balthazar first meet that the film shows its true colors, and becomes one of the most honest, emotionally wrenching films ever made about love, sex, and abuse...

...Joseph, portrayed by Craig Sheffer (in his best role since "Norman Maclean" in River)is intense and loyal to Maria, although he has difficulty getting through to her, and knowing how to help his deeply troubled wife because Maria is dealing with issues buried deeply from childhood...

This film is truly brilliant. I never understood why it didn`t attract viewers some more -- maybe because they expected to see hot scenes and instead they got a serious film that deals with the effects of incest and love...

...Yet, this movie is straight forward and revealing of the honest truth of what sex is all about in a marriage when one partner has been sexually abused...

What we have here is a tantra shrink, a psychoanalytic shrink and a women's support group counseling shrink, and together they cure (that's the implication anyway) a woman made frigid, compulsive, obsessive and I forget what else by her father's sexual abuse...

...The social problem that's at the heart of the theme is very meaningful. There has been and there still is a lot of sexual abuse of children in our society...

...Although I think the child abuse theme was unnecessary and should've been skipped...

This movie is a must see for anyone who is dealing with the emotional pain of healing child sexual abuse. It is done in a beautifully sensuous heartful manner and deals with a subject that far too many of us come up against on a daily basis. The scars from the abuse change lives and the healing comes through devotion to living your life in love...

...Because the movie centers around the childhood sexual abuse of the wife, for which she is in therapy...

...This is not a movie for the fainthearted, but it probably represents Hollywood's best effort on the subject of sexual abuse and its effects on husband and wife.
All that being said; I don't know HOW much of the film actually deals with SHOWING flashbacks of the abused characters youth, and how much deals with the issue 'verbally'. I would suspect that the 'flashbacks' are minimul, as [other than a 'girl' and two 'boy's] the credits don't list any children [not as 'Young {character's name}'].

But obviously a good portion of the film deals with the female characters 'incestual abuse' or it wouldn't have been mentioned so much. THAT's what lead me to post THIS movie as the one referred to in the original statement.

kev.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Whats the
sort of
remark meen?

I have seen this film several times, and although the abused was 18 at the time of making, she played the 15 year old Susan believably.

From memory there are two particularly OT scenes, and a couple of lesser OT scenes.

There are also a couple of very short flashbacks of Susan, placing her at I would say around 10 years of age.
billanben

"Sort of" referred to whether it was in fact ot or not but you've done a pretty good job clearing that one up db :-)

Now, does anyone have a copy ?
Debaser

lol ok :)

Ill keep my eyes peeled
Debaser

Save your pennies chaps, iv just ordered a copy.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   21 likes

Sorry, this is a pretty big file.
I haven’t done much ripping in a while, and the software is quite basic.

Still, its better than nothing so here it is :)

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.52 Gb]