Livia Russo

Post here about any child actresses (or actors) you like!
Walter

Livia Russo

Post by Walter »   1 likes

This is a thread for gathering everything that I and others have dug up regarding the actress Livia Russo whose sole known appearance was in Mavri Emmanouella. So far there's not much, but one can always hope!

1. Age at time of filming: There are three different dates floating around regarding her DOB, namely 1966 (age 12), 1965 (age 13) or 1963 (age 15). The 1966 date I found on the following website:

https://web.archive.org/web/20071217023 ... _russo.htm

The most common date, 1965, I originally found on this site:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150312045 ... ivia-Russo

The 1963 date I have found only once, also on the ancensored.com site (which for some reason I can't access right now). This was an edit to the 1965 date, and I could not get a straight answer from the contributor who changed the date, so I'm assuming this is probably spurious.

So most likely it is either 1966 or 1965, and I'm guessing the one-year difference may be due to a typo. As far as the day and month, those sites that list it all agree it's August 11th.

2. Background details such as place of birth and how she became attached to the film: According to one site, this is how it happened:

https://filmboards.com/board/t/Any-info ... F-2593792/

So, supposedly she was working as a waitress and her uncle recommended she audition for the role. Not much to go on, but it sounds like she might be a Cyprus local. I checked the laws at the time in Cyprus and a girl as young as 12 could indeed have been working in a restaurant - provided it was owned by her family or perhaps relatives. Of course, this doesn't prove she was 12, it just establishes that the waitress job story wouldn't necessarily rule it out, if true. Once she did audition, it's not hard to guess why she was chosen for the part. It would be interesting to know if the director always intended to cast an actress so young or if it was just fortuitous.

EDIT: Apparently she was born in New York city and is an American.
goku33

Re: Livia Russo

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

ancensored.com can not be taken serious as a source, it’s a Site dedicated to mostly adult celebrity nude scenes and just people making up some age
Walter

Post by Walter »   0 likes

Sure, but I posted the (possibly bogus) info just so people would known what was already dug up.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:24 pmancensored.com can not be taken serious as a source, it’s a Site dedicated to mostly adult celebrity nude scenes and just people making up some age

ancensored usually says the actress was 18 whenever they were actually younger than 18. This is what the site said about Livia before its current server issues or possible closure. Apparently back in 2015 (when the Wayback copy was made) they were a bit more accurate, but must have decided that when it came to minor performers feigning ignorance of that fact was the best defense if anyone gave them shit about it.

Walter wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:10 amSure, but I posted the (possibly bogus) info just so people would known what was already dug up.

That's the best approach. There are no real authoritative sources of information here, no interviews with major magazines or extensive commentary from the director. For some reason this film wasn't screened at Cannes or other reputable film festivals. :mrgreen:

So you look around, and see what various unrelated sources have to say. When the same info crops up a lot it's probably correct, although they could all be copying from the same place so you don't know for certain. Then of course you have your own eyes. This girl really couldn't be any older than 14. It's certainly possible she was as young as 12. I tend to think the 1965 date is the most likely but who knows? Like I said in another thread, if this was recent instead of 1979 I'd find Livia's Instagram and look for pictures of her most recent birthday party, see what date they were posted. It can sometimes be a few days before pictures are put up - but that's close enough.

Yeah, it would be interesting to know if they were actively looking for a girl that young to play the character or if Livia came in for an audition after they discovered her waiting tables at the family restaurant, she told them her age, and they said you know what, we can work with that. :P
Walter

Post by Walter »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:45 pm For some reason this film wasn't screened at Cannes or other reputable film festivals. :mrgreen:
Not at the time... however, it was screened at Quad Cinema in New York in 2019 as part of an Emanuelle film festival, believe it or not. Here's a link:

https://quadcinema.com/film/emanuelles-daughter/

So, I guess it is now considered a cult classic? :lol:
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Walter wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 2:00 am
deadman wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:45 pm For some reason this film wasn't screened at Cannes or other reputable film festivals. :mrgreen:
Not at the time... however, it was screened at Quad Cinema in New York in 2019 as part of an Emanuelle film festival, believe it or not. Here's a link:

https://quadcinema.com/film/emanuelles-daughter/

So, I guess it is now considered a cult classic? :lol:

Yes, I think it actually is now. That's why I haven't lost hope one of the small boutique bluray releasers might put it out.
GhostFace

Post by GhostFace »   0 likes