[REL] Ohikkoshi (1993)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Ohikkoshi (1993)

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

The ulozto file just has Japanese audio, no Russian. Calculate the size differently and is is 3.62Gb, a little smaller than the rutracker file that also has Russian audio. I think you are right about the rutracker one being otherwise mostly the same.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Thanks for bringing this movie back to my mind, pillowbaker. :thumbsup

I'll get all versions as well.

I think that's a candidate for a 1080p upscale. ;)
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Glad you're both interested. I am unsure if one or the other is superior quality-wise yet, or if any of them are already upscales. Would you like the DVD9 file as well, just in case?

Edit:

Some screen captures for comparison. That second uloz link I think is a nicer file. Also 720p, 3.61gb, no optional Russian VO, as Night pointed out, and softsubs in English, Spanish and Portuguese. Here are screens from that one:

[Image]

[Image]

The brightness difference between these and the DVD is quite striking. Perhaps the DVD is not the way they intended it to be viewed. It wouldn't be the first randomly dark DVD I've come across. The DVD screenshots do appear to be more in line with those that appear in kev's original share of this file in 2014.

The vedigo file from rutracker is very similar as noted earlier. However it does have some different metadata. Visually I cannot honestly tell a difference, but I can't be sure it's the same. Screenshots for vedigo's:

[Image]

[Image]

And a direct comparison with fish-detailing:

vedigo's / 3.61gb uloz file

[Image] / [Image]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   24 likes

This was a beautiful one. :heart

Thanks again, pillowbaker. I never watched it before.

Here's my AI-upscale to 1080p from the 720p Web-DL::
[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.86 Gb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [73.7 Kb]
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Woo hoo score! Thank for the upscale, ghost! This will make it much easier to determine with versions I keep.

I should explore my old hard drives more often. I am sure I have a few more gems.