[REL] I din fars lomme (1973)

deadman

Re: [REL] I din fars lomme (1973)

Post by deadman »   0 likes

ghost wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:57 pm
Oh, don't apologize. I was just wondering if you forgot. With the amount of stuff you gather for the site every week that would be understandable.
The 1080p video has been ready for a couple of weeks, but the subtitles have become more difficult than I thought. Damn Danish language. :roll:

I'm sure dated 70's slang doesn't help. I've found stuff like that to be a problem with other films. Translating dialogue that can be taken literally is hard enough - it's nearly impossible when an expression can't be taken literally, because then the translation makes no fucking sense at all. Pop culture references and literary or movie quotes in the dialogue which a Danish teenager from 1975 might recognize but you wouldn't ... also a major obstacle.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

The 1080p video has been ready for a couple of weeks, but the subtitles have become more difficult than I thought. Damn Danish language.
Is there any area of the subs or any passages that I can try to help with? I know my experience has been minimal in comparison, but I like little projects and being kept busy.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Is there any area of the subs or any passages that I can try to help with?
Thanks, but I don't know how atm. About 50 minutes are done and I think I'll be finished tomorrow. You're welcome to check the file afterwards if there are some passages, which could be still nonsense.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   108 likes

It is done!

AI upscale from the original DVD to 1080p:
[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.40 Gb]

Selfmade English subtitles:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [71.2 Kb]

It was a pain in the ass to create the subtitles from the Danish audio. There are probably some parts where the translation has resulted in nonsense. Please feel free to make any corrections.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   5 likes

I made a few small changes after watching the entire movie with subtitles.

These are the final subtitles:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Most triumphant!

Thanks ghost. I've been excited enough for this one that I barely looked at any screens and avoided (or remember nothing) from the plot synopsis! I know this will be a great time. :D
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

Very nice! Thank you Ghost. :thumbsup