[REL] Ba-Bi AKA Barbie (2011)

pillowbaker

Re: [REL] Ba-Bi AKA Barbie (2011)

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thanks for the bump on this, everyone, and for the joke. I had not heard of this movie before. Poignant post by Night on page 2 mentions how bumping these buried threads revitalizes interest.

Grabbing ghost's upscale, though I am interested in that soft sub 720p version.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 6:42 am Grabbing ghost's upscale, though I am interested in that soft sub 720p version.
I ended up happiest with ghost's upscale, but I have now reshared that 720p version, if you mean this one here:
viewtopic.php?p=88563#p88563

With my having so many versions, I have this one labeled "incorrect subtitles". Don't ask me to remember what I thought was incorrect about them. I did not bother to create a corrected external subtitle file for that version.

I would reshare ghost's upscale too, but instead I am getting it from YOU. For some inexplicable reason, the hash on the 1080p version I have is different than the one currently offered by ghost. Hmmm, how could that happen? ;)
pillowbaker

Night457 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:41 am I ended up happiest with ghost's upscale, but I have now reshared that 720p version, if you mean this one here:
https://www.first-loves.net/forums/view ... 563#p88563
That seems to be the general case, I see, so I have held off for the moment grabbing the 720p soft-sub. I am very tempted, but I am asking myself why, but I just love comparing things to see if I can tell the difference. Keep it shared for a bit for me, will ya?

With my having so many versions, I have this one labeled "incorrect subtitles". Don't ask me to remember what I thought was incorrect about them. I did not bother to create a corrected external subtitle file for that version.
My desk is covered with quickly jotted notes that I've written about some FLM related files, and many I cannot fathom what I was trying to remind myself of.

I would reshare ghost's upscale too, but instead I am getting it from YOU. For some inexplicable reason, the hash on the 1080p version I have is different than the one currently offered by ghost. Hmmm, how could that happen? ;)

I am unsure how that hash issue would occur! Did ghost make an adjustment to the file at some point? Are you sure it is the same 1080p movie that ghost shared, with the hard Korean subs?

Well, anyways, you identified me, and I think I see you, so I am throwing some more bandwidth your way. Hope it helps. :D
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   1 likes

Oh damned... I really made a new upscale directly from the 720p file, after I finally got it complete from eMule. The picture quality is a bit better. I'm sorry, that I forgot to write a note here. :oops:
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Yeah, I figured that was the reason for your 2nd upscale, 19 days after I announced that I had finally finished downloading the slow 720p file. I have gotten used to you not being able to keep up with announcing all your upscales! I have often gone to help share one of your files and find I have the same name but a different hash. So then I get the new version. No problem!
pillowbaker

Just so I understand it correctly, the 1080p upscale we got is based off the other soft-sub 720p file from this post?:

Just asking in the event that I incidentally downloaded both, I can delete the other file. ;)
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Just so I understand it correctly, the 1080p upscale we got is based off the other soft-sub 720p file from this post?:
Yes. Upscaled from 720p to 1080p. It's higher quality than the upscale I did before from SD.
pillowbaker

Thanks ghost!

I notice a runtime difference between the two files. The upscale is 1:34:36, and the original is 1:38:38. Does fps sometimes get changed during upscale, or do I am just getting confused with the wrong files?
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:37 pm Thanks ghost!

I notice a runtime difference between the two files. The upscale is 1:34:36, and the original is 1:38:38. Does fps sometimes get changed during upscale, or do I am just getting confused with the wrong files?
It was in Dezember 2021, so I don't remember exactly. I think that I just changed the framerate to 25fps to make it a bit shorter. ;)