[REL] Un poison violent (2010)

deadman

Re: [REL] Un poison violent (2010)

Post by deadman »   0 likes

emuler wrote:Press kit.
http://www.rv-press.com/?p=621
Anna, a young teenager, comes home from her Catholic boarding school for the spring holidays and discovers her father has left. Her mother is devastated and confined in the company of the local priest, who is also a childhood friend. Anna clings to her beloved grandfather. She also grows close to Pierre, a free-spirited teenager who cares little about God. Anna is preparing for her confirmation, but her budding desire for Pierre shakes her faith. She longs to give herself over, body and soul but doesn’t know if it is to God, or something else?
France – 2010 – 35mm- 1.85 – couleur - Dolby Digital – 1h32
Hmmm, interesting. The change from 24 to 25 fps for the DVD would reduce the total length to 88 m or so. But that doesn't account for most of the difference. I'll have to see if I can track down an original theatrical version. Curious to see what wasn't included on the commercial disc. 8-)
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

This is now available on torrents - WEBRIP, 1080p, hard coded English subtitles. (If anyone cares, this is 1 hr 21 min).
There's an x265 1.27 GB version that I'm downloading now, and also a 7.19 GB x264 version which is also fairly well seeded.
deadman

Post by deadman »   38 likes

I found a 1080p web-dl. It's 7.2 GB (not a small file) but great quality. My only complaint is that I prefer softcoded to hardcoded subtitles, it's a minor complaint though.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [7.19 Gb]

I also uploaded the file to uloz:

https://ulozto.net/file/VWqupNt3wKJM/un ... STEmqyAN==
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thanks deadman! I am grabbing your uloz and will transfer file directly to emule sharing. This will replace my x265 file.

Has anyone gotten to the bottom of the difference in runtimes? It seems there may be something not accounted for from fps differences.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:01 am I found a 1080p web-dl. It's 7.2 GB (not a small file) but great quality. My only complaint is that I prefer softcoded to hardcoded subtitles, it's a minor complaint though.

Un.Poison.Violent.2010.1080p.AMZN.WEB-DL.mkv

I also uploaded the file to uloz:

https://ulozto.net/file/VWqupNt3wKJM/un ... STEmqyAN==
Thanks! First time I’m hearing about this film! The previews @starfish posted look nice. (And interesting that this was still made in 2010 like this). How old was the actress?

Edit: according to Wikipedia she was 15?

By the way, i got the dvd5 if you’re interested. Haven’t checked if it got extras.. otherwise the AMZN WEB-DL is probably the best we will ever got..
deadman

Post by deadman »   2 likes

goku33 wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 10:16 pmThanks! First time I’m hearing about this film! The previews @starfish posted look nice. (And interesting that this was still made in 2010 like this). How old was the actress?

Edit: according to Wikipedia she was 15?

By the way, i got the dvd5 if you’re interested. Haven’t checked if it got extras.. otherwise the AMZN WEB-DL is probably the best we will ever got..

Oh you would never have seen this in the US or some other countries in 2010 ... but it's France.

Clara Augarde was born on May 8, 1995. If the filming dates on IMDb are correct, Jun 1st-Jul 18th of 2009, then she had just turned 14. I remember reading an interview with the director, Katell Quillévéré, where she confirmed this. Can't find that article at the moment but she was saying how you can always tell when an older girl is cast to play a character that age so she wanted an actress - preferably one with natural talent but no prior experience - who was actually 14. They advertised for auditions to pull in girls from the community rather than going to talent agencies.

The one scene Clara didn't feel comfortable doing was where she pulls up her nightgown for her grandfather (dirty old man!) so that single brief closeup shot involved a double.

I already have the DVD, but thanks for offering. You'll have to check the disc for extras because I'm on a trip right now and don't have access to my stuff at home. We might see a bluray of this at some point. It's a solid film, nothing controversial that a big French label would hesitate to release it.
Feelers

Post by Feelers »   0 likes

Is the 7.2 gb version more clear than the 4.15 gb posted by jezevex?
deadman

Post by deadman »   3 likes

Feelers wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:29 am Is the 7.2 gb version more clear than the 4.15 gb posted by jezevex?

The difference is slight. Both files appear to be 1080p upscales of the DVD rather than true HD. But the bigger version also has subtitles. And .mkv is a better format than .ts - it just depends on whether or not you have a problem with the bigger file size. Like I said, picture quality is almost the same.
endurro

Post by endurro »   2 likes

I agree with Deadman. Hard subs are a minor inconvenience.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

I consider hardsubs a major inconvenience if they are not my language. I have deadman's file because English is my language, and I was not around here in 2014 for jezevex's version anyway. But at least a TS file can be converted to an easier-to-use MKV if needed. I would think that someone who fully understands French might think "Ew yuck, get this English crap off my movie!" I know I would not care much to watch an English language move with hardcoded French subtitles either. I have one English movie with Dutch subtitles because that is the ONLY source I could find. It annoys me.

Thank you deadman for evaluating the differences!