Berlinale 2023 - Movies of this year

Child movie related or un-related discussion can go here i.e. movies, images, links, tv, music etc. All posts allowed unless specified otherwise in the rules. Please refrain from posting flames, personal information, using this board as a private message system or help questions.
Nasuada

Re: Berlinale 2023 - Movies of this year

Post by Nasuada »   0 likes

reptile12 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:07 am I hope there is an online release some point
Wann wird es endlich wieder so, wie es nie war is from Warner Bros, so I'm sure that they will release it first in German cinemas and than will follow a DVD & Digital Release (around 6 months later).
[Image]
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

Nasuada wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:37 pm If you are more interested, I can try to get a bit more information around it.
yes, i'd be interested. please ask them, if you can, under what conditions volunteers can watch movies....
Nasuada

Sadly your response was a bit to late, because on Sunday it was the last day so I can't ask anymore. But I know that they can switch the places in the cinema (or location), who they work.
So for example if they work in the entry, they can also go inside to watch the screening but they need to go back when the movie is ending or some of the visitors need help.
[Image]
Nasuada

Well, the show is over since Sunday but it was a great time and my final screening was a perfect ending for my time at the Berlinale.

So here my last movies who I have seen and who are great for the FLM World...

- L'amour du monde
• • • • •
A 15 year old girl has to do an internship in a children's home. She is not really motivated, but she builds up a special bond with a little girl with whom she repeatedly goes on excursions that she is not actually allowed to go on.

- 20.000 especies de abejas (20,000 Species of Bees) -> Sofía Otero got a silver Bear as best Actress and she is the youngest one in the history of the Berlinale who got that price.
• • • •
The 8 year old Aitor (played by Sofía Otero) is visibly uncomfortable, especially when called by his name. He would prefer to be called Coco, but somehow not. On a summer trip to Spain, he slowly breaks through his "cage" and finds his coming of age. He wants to be Lucía from now on.

- Totem
• • • •
The entire family and some friends around Sol's father have gathered to prepare for his birthday and are in preparations for a unique party. But everyone knows it will probably be his last, because he suffers from an incurable disease and is visibly weakened. But Sol has hope and a lot of love in him, and so everyday life somehow continues between sometimes very bizarre moments that take place in the world of adults. A surprisingly relaxed film about the farewell of a human being and even if no secret is made about the end of the film, many unexpected and entertaining things happen.

- Closing Dynasty (Queenie) - Short
• • • •
To an adult onlooker she might seem lost among the towering New York skyscrapers, but seven-year-old Queenie has a clear goal: to get money. Hustling for donations, collecting bottles, impressing passers-by with her crafty salesmanship – she’ll do whatever it takes. Come evening, her mother asks if she worked hard at school. Through Queenie’s eyes, the world and her neighbourhood reveal a distinct truth, at odds with her parents’ well-meaning silence (Description from Berlinale.de)

The next Berlinale is announced for Feb. 15. - 25. 2024. And with this final picture from Sofía Otero with the silver Bear in her Hand, I will end my little reports from this year. But I'm still there for Questions :-)
2023_0020.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[Image]
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Nasuada wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:57 am
As the visitor of an *international* film festival Nasuada, I am wondering what your general thoughts are on the topic of child/teenager nudity in films: Do You think certain independent or foreign filmmakers still do it more than mainstream films these days? Do you think it will become even less in the next years?

What are your observations regarding this? Are there countries or genres that are still more liberal in this area? I’ve always found films from Columbia, And other Latin countries or also east European (Poland, Estonia etc) to still cover more risky topics.

The German film industry for example is quite..organized and conservative these days. I don’t think there are many risky/bold filmmakers or freedoms anymore. E.g. take „Baby“ (2002) with Alice Dwyer which didn’t even include nudity but more risky scenes and topics (viewtopic.php?t=10930). That’s already been 20 years ago now.

There’s been some debate about whether the girls in „Tigermilch“ (2017) actually used doubles like they claimed.
omg

Post by omg »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:35 pm I’ve always found films from Columbia, And other Latin countries or also east European (Poland, Estonia etc) to still cover more risky topics.
Really? I haven't seen any OT movies from Estonia, except a short documentary about the town of Keila from the beginning of 1990s, I think :think

Germany did [REL] Pia Piano (2022) BTW.
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

I agree with omg in the case of Latin America I only put films from Argentina and Mexico that contribute the most to FLM for Venezuela it could be Adios, Alicia but it is from Spain.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

omg wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:32 pm
goku33 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:35 pm I’ve always found films from Columbia, And other Latin countries or also east European (Poland, Estonia etc) to still cover more risky topics.
Really? I haven't seen any OT movies from Estonia, except a short documentary about the town of Keila from the beginning of 1990s, I think :think

Germany did [REL] Pia Piano (2022) BTW.
I think you’re right. My memory is a bit fuzzy. And I should clarify my thought wasn’t mainly about flm related films but also generally doing more *different*, untraditional films. Denmark seems to have done some great Shortfilm in the past 20years.

I must admit that I haven’t kept up so much with German language films in the past 10 years because I never saw any interesting filmmakers anymore and never could relate to the way Germans do films. The acting and writing rarely being smooth or authentic. It’s hard to describe. Sometimes we hate The superficial American way but I think at times German cinema could need more of it and less of the pretentiousness/arrogant artsy way/seriousness.