[REL] Dramonasc (2018) [France]

Short films and movies available on-line at Vimeo, YouTube and similar sites can be posted here once they have an ed2k link.
ceretoza

Re: [REL] Dramonasc (2018) [France]

Post by ceretoza »   0 likes

thanks
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

The version I have "Dramonasc (2018).WEBRip.720p.mp4" is a bit corrupted around the bridge jumping moment. it skips from 04:21 to 04:35 directly, and it stops at 23:05 ....
Does anyone have a better, uncorrupted version, please? Thanks
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

You're quite right, Triela. The 720p file that's been shared here is missing that segment of the film. I'll try to search for a different file.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Curious as well
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   29 likes

Triela wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:24 pm ...a bit corrupted ....
pillowbaker wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:28 pm I'll try to search for a different file.
Hmmm, interesting, I just downloaded Kissonline's eMule file and see the same problem. I go to my harddrive and get art195's direct-download (no longer available) from a few days before that post and have no problems with it. I compare detailed specifications in MediaInfo and see NO difference, but in eMule they have different ed2k hashes so they ARE different somehow.

ANYWAY, 8 minutes after downloading it 17 months ago I edited it (video not processed, just shortened) to a 10-second shorter MKV that cuts off the annoying test pattern and BEEP before the actual film opening credits. It also plays just fine. That is what I am sharing below.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [288.12 Mb]
Triela

Post by Triela »   1 likes

Thanks, Night, you rock ;-) it was indeed, a non-corrupt version.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:18 pm
Triela wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:24 pm ...a bit corrupted ....
pillowbaker wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:28 pm I'll try to search for a different file.
Hmmm, interesting, I just downloaded Kissonline's eMule file and see the same problem. I go to my harddrive and get art195's direct-download (no longer available) from a few days before that post and have no problems with it. I compare detailed specifications in MediaInfo and see NO difference, but in eMule they have different ed2k hashes so they ARE different somehow.

ANYWAY, 8 minutes after downloading it 17 months ago I edited it (video not processed, just shortened) to a 10-second shorter MKV that cuts off the annoying test pattern and BEEP before the actual film opening credits. It also plays just fine. That is what I am sharing below.

Dramonasc (2018).720p.Eng-hardsubs.short.mkv
EMule calculates a hash…I’m sure you know that if you ever need to compare files bit by bit outside of Emile, it’s wise to compare sha256sum hash values or even just md5sum‘s

http://www.quickhash-gui.org/
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

I have used md5 (and eMule all the time) to compare hashes, but those are just meaningless numbers and they only tell me that 2 files ARE different, not HOW they are different! I followed the expanded video and audio details line by line on MediaInfo and I could NOT find anything different. Of course there is a lot of text and my eyes are bad. So it really COULD be a corrupted download that does not change the specifications, I suppose ...
Triela

Post by Triela »   0 likes

goku33 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:10 am
Night457 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:18 pm
pillowbaker wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:28 pm
Don't these hashies and mdsums work on just the first 300KB of any file or something?
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

No, on the entire file. The purpose of checking md5sums is traditionally to confirm that your download completed correctly without errors, and that it matches the original source without corruption. Therefore, the whole file must be present for it to be useful.

The eMule hash indicates what you are trying to download. I have never deliberately disconnected a 99.9% PARTial file from eMule, changed it to .mp4 to play it and then tried to reshare it, but I am certain it would reHash it differently. If ANY changes are made to a file (like it being incomplete!) then it gets a different hash. As long as it is still "in process" in eMule then it keeps the same hash so it stays the same file, just not complete.

I don't know if Kissonline downloaded art195's file but the downloading process was corrupted, or if he downloaded it himself from whatever art195's source was, or ... what. It got changed somehow somewhere. For example, a dosya link can be downloaded in a browser or in an external downloader like JDownloader2. One or the other can have some sort of glitch or internet connection error that corrupts the download. People used to obsessively share and check md5sums to make sure their downloads were uncorrupted WITHOUT having to immediately take the time to watch the whole thing! Maybe the Scene still does that sort of thing dutifully and faithfully, they seem the type to be that responsible. But even if someone WANTS to do that, they can NOT unless the original uploader shares their md5sum. I seldom see that in torrents or direct-downloads.