[REL] Say Uncle (2005)

billanben

[REL] Say Uncle (2005)

Post by billanben »   1 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401385/

Please move to REL USA if you believe appropriate.

This is an incredibly powerful film with a big "why isms are wrong" undertone. Basically, this guy (who's acting is superb) loses access to his godson whom he adored and tries then to find something to replace this hole. He obviously has a great affinity with and loves all children - strictly by the Greek definition of the word - he is a p**do***le.
Anyway, he is also very gay, and this endears him to the mothers of the children. One particular mother tries to bed him and of course, it goes disatrously wrong. She is therefore deep down looking for a way back at him, and one day, her suspicions about why he really coudn't perform seem justified when she sees him leading a little girl away to the toilet in a toy store that he works in.

She then whips up a frenzy within the community about having a pedo looking after their children and this culminates in a pack mentality hunt (one interesting point here is that these "caring" parents in their rush to join the hunt actually just send some of the children flying !) and they pursue the guy for his dear life.

The guy has some good friends and the scene at the end where he has to justify his feelings to a large part of the community is quite moving.

It is also a comedy and has great acting, timing etc - very enjoyable.

I am not condoning here what these people do, merely to draw comparisons with the English Sun newspaper exposures of pedos in our midst which lead to the death of a paediatrician because they wrongly named him as a p***d*ph***. Although this case is different, it serves to show the mentality of people nowadays, and the hypocrisy of fathers who smash their children all over the place, but at the same time would kill anyone who even talked to their child. Just MHO.

Anyway, I recommend this film highly.
Debaser

Re: [REL] Say Uncle 2005

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Thanks billanben

I look forward to this one!

I totaly agree with you on the Sun thing..... the whole thing drives me mad.

Anyway, best we dont get into that discussion, lets just focus on the film :)
billanben

Re: [REL] Say Uncle 2005

Post by billanben »   7 likes

Forgot link

Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.44 Mb]

loads of sources - came down mega quick !

enjoy