[REL] Paula (2023)

Caleyunior

[REL] Paula (2023)

Post by Caleyunior »   4 likes

[Image]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt27328934/?ref_=adv_li_tt
Paris, today.Paula, 11 years-old, lives with her father. She is smart, full of energy, but school bores her and she only has one friend. To cheer her up, her father decides to take her to a beautiful lake house for the summer. But what was supposed to be a relaxing get-away, slowly turns into a suffocating experience of isolation. Paula's father becomes more and more oppressive, radical. If she wants to go back to a normal life, she will have to enter in resistance.
YouTube Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9eklad ... =Unifrance

[Image] [Image] [Image] [Image]
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REQ] Paula (2023)

Post by ghost »   199 likes

This is really a very special film!
It starts very harmlessly, but then takes a 180 degree turn...

You should watch it!

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.16 Gb]

English subtitles (translated from French SDH subs):
Like this post to see ed2k links  [44.8 Kb]
pillowbaker

Re: [REL] Paula (2023)

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Thanks for the movie and the recommendation, ghost! This one looks curious enough that I am even skipping the screenshots!

Ok, I'll check this one out soon, maybe even before Paulina, Polaris, and Perdus. :P
Sully23

Post by Sully23 »   0 likes

It's a nice story, I liked the scenes in the water, they are difficult to film, the actress is a very good freediver.
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

Wow, thank you Ghost! However you tracked down this movie it's a nice find. Aline Helan-Boudon (DOB: Feb 2, 2011), who was 11 during filming just like her character, is talented and cute in her debut role. I hope we see more of her!

I won't spoil the story, except to say it's well done and worth your while.

Sully23 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:16 amIt's a nice story, I liked the scenes in the water, they are difficult to film, the actress is a very good freediver.

True. And it's definitely her, not a stunt double. Aline is fearless - on multiple fronts. Considering she has no prior acting experience they were lucky to find this girl.