[REL] 65 (2023)

ghost
Site Admin

[REL] 65 (2023)

Post by ghost »   20 likes

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12261776/
After an asteroid collision, astronaut Mills (Adam Driver) crash lands on Earth — 65 million years ago. Together with the only other survivor, a young girl named Koa (Greenblatt), Mills must navigate the prehistoric world — and take on dinosaurs — in order to escape to safety.
[Image]

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Trailer:

That's great scary Sci-fi stuff. The young girl has plenty plenty plenty of screen time.

I'll post my copy (dubbed in German and English), but there are plenty of eMule links. I'm sure, you'll find some torrents, too.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [3.61 Gb]

Ariana Greenblatt:
[Image]
Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] 65 (2023)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

What a stupid name for a movie!

But an update of "Land of the Lost", I am in. Thanks!

EDIT, nearly 10am Tuesday: From what I have read and what I saw scrolling through the download, this does not focus so much on the special FX but more on the relationship between our leads. I saw much more of the girl than the dinosaurs. I am pleased because this is EXACTLY what I prefer anyway.

I am still bewildered why women supposedly find Adam Driver so incredibly sexy, but whatever. I at least don't OBJECT to him like I do some actors.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

LOLOL, Night.

But I have heard of this one, and I've been seeing previews for it for while now. Have to admit, I've been curious. Thanks for the suggestion, ghost, and for pointing out the girl gets decent screen time!
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Thanks, good flick. I am beginning to find Adam Driver sexy, at least as a dad. I got what I wanted with the focus on the relationship between the two leads.

I have to admit the first 15 minutes of sci-fi exposition and premise-building left me bewildered. I attribute that in part to Nolan-esque mumbling soundtracks that leave dialog incomprehensible. I should have used an English subtitle track, even though there is little dialog! (See end of post.)

Thanks to my claustrophobia I found myself much more terrified during the close-quarters cave sequence than during any threat from the vicious reptiles! Although I confess I was never more happily anticipating a mass extinction event. (Spoilers for those who have not kept up on their history from 65 million years ago.)

GOOFS:
How in the heck did he recover his pulse rifle from the quicksand?

Crazy credits:
There are FOUR actors, 2 of which only had brief screen time. Yet there were NINETEEN stunt players! Do they have some sort of fantastic union that calls for employment of lots of people with little to do? Did every take of the characters running call for a different set of stunt-runners? Or did every single stunt lead to an injury and hospitalization? Were that many stunt performers really necessary?
"Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) and it's wholly-owned film divisions did not receive any payment or other consideration for the depiction of tobacco products in this film."

WHAT tobacco use? What are they talking about? I did not see any!
"American Humane monitored the animal action. No animals were harmed."

What, no CGI dinosaurs were harmed in the making of the film? Am I supposed to believe the disgusting huge bugs were real, and not also CGI?

English and English-SDH subtitles:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nasuada

Post by Nasuada »   1 likes

Well the movie was ok to watch but it's not a huge highlight... The Girl was nice to watch.
[Image]
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:19 pm"Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) and it's wholly-owned film divisions did not receive any payment or other consideration for the depiction of tobacco products in this film."

WHAT tobacco use? What are they talking about? I did not see any!

Koa was chain smoking through the whole movie - how could you miss that? :lol:

Night457 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:19 pm"American Humane monitored the animal action. No animals were harmed."

What, no CGI dinosaurs were harmed in the making of the film? Am I supposed to believe the disgusting huge bugs were real, and not also CGI?

I'm going to report the production for scalding a T-Rex over a boiling hot geyser. What did he ever do to deserve such abuse? And dropping that asteroid on the rest of them was especially mean!

Wait ... you're telling me it was all fake? Oh. Never mind then. :think

Nasuada wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:21 pmWell the movie was ok to watch but it's not a huge highlight... The Girl was nice to watch.

Ariana Greenblatt is very cute, and a talented actress - indeed nice to watch.