[REL] Hilito de sangre, Un (1995) [Mexico]

pillowbaker

Re: [REL] Hilito de sangre, Un (1995) [Mexico]

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:13 am Finally I just decided to compensate for the screwed up timing on the DVD with two point resynchronization.
It worked. I managed to reauthor the DVD and have the subtitles line up with the dialogue from beginning to end. I've posted a new .iso in my original post for those who want it:
Glad you figured something out. Still odd about the added times and the unsyncing between reauthorning.

So, you figured out a decent fix for the subtitles. How is the timing now? I am asking because if it still isn't perfect, we can incorporate my changes from the subs that I made on the 1:16:25 length file, assuming a two point resynchronization will work again. The reason I am asking is because, if you look at the duration of the subs, many of them are an arbitrary 3 seconds. Some needed less, some needed more, some needed to be spaced better.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:22 amGlad you figured something out. Still odd about the added times and the unsyncing between reauthorning.

So, you figured out a decent fix for the subtitles. How is the timing now? I am asking because if it still isn't perfect, we can incorporate my changes from the subs that I made on the 1:16:25 length file, assuming a two point resynchronization will work again. The reason I am asking is because, if you look at the duration of the subs, many of them are an arbitrary 3 seconds. Some needed less, some needed more, some needed to be spaced better.

It was your subs I was working from. For whatever reason they fit the one piece .vob file just as well as the 720p upscale, but when I authored a DVD with the subs included they were out of sync. The discrepancy was basically zero at the beginning but got worse and worse at later points. That kind of linear variation is exactly what the two point method will correct for. I played the screwed up DVD in my media player and figured out the proper timing for two lines. Then I loaded your .srt into SubtitleEdit, made the correction, saved that as a new .srt, and used MuxMan with that file. Second time was the charm. My new DVD was in sync.

In theory your original subs should've worked, as-is. The reauthoring should not have had any effect on sync. Can't figure out why it did. The "corrected" subs I used for my updated .iso do not work with either the single part .vob or the upscaled .mkv file. Their only use is to balance out whatever DVD authoring does to change the timing.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

deadman wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:28 am It was your subs I was working from. For whatever reason they fit the one piece .vob file just as well as the 720p upscale, but when I authored a DVD with the subs included they were out of sync. The discrepancy was basically zero at the beginning but got worse and worse at later points. That kind of linear variation is exactly what the two point method will correct for. I played the screwed up DVD in my media player and figured out the proper timing for two lines. Then I loaded your .srt into SubtitleEdit, made the correction, saved that as a new .srt, and used MuxMan with that file. Second time was the charm. My new DVD was in sync.

In theory your original subs should've worked, as-is. The reauthoring should not have had any effect on sync. Can't figure out why it did. The "corrected" subs I used for my updated .iso do not work with either the single part .vob or the upscaled .mkv file. Their only use is to balance out whatever DVD authoring does to change the timing.
Nice job on figuring it out. But I should mention it was ferdi and David who made the first corrected bit of subs. I hadn't actually submitted anything yet.

While you watched this movie, did you come across any lines that seemed skipped in the subtitles? I mean lines in Spanish, not the Chinese lines.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

pillowbaker wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:22 amNice job on figuring it out. But I should mention it was ferdi and David who made the first corrected bit of subs. I hadn't actually submitted anything yet.

While you watched this movie, did you come across any lines that seemed skipped in the subtitles? I mean lines in Spanish, not the Chinese lines.

There were a few. For example, Osbelia's conversation on the phone near the beginning isn't subtitled at all. It's not uncommon especially with user generated subs for the occasional piece of trivial dialogue to be left out.