[REL] G (1983)

David32441

Re: [REL] G (1983)

Post by David32441 »   1 likes

Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   0 likes

Innnnn, will check it out, thank you David.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Not my kind of movie, but thanks David.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

Thank you David! I know I am not quite ready to watch this again yet, but someday I surely will.

I had some issues with the internal subtitle coding giving strange characters. Maybe different players will read them differently (and correctly). I resynced the external English subtitle with correct character coding to David's file:
G (1983) 720p upscale,SweAudio,EngSRT.srt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:23 am Thank you David! I know I am not quite ready to watch this again yet, but someday I surely will.

I had some issues with the internal subtitle coding giving strange characters. Maybe different players will read them differently (and correctly). I resynced the external English subtitle with correct character coding to David's file:
Thanks, and if someone can share into eMule.
David32441

Post by David32441 »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:23 am Thank you David! I know I am not quite ready to watch this again yet, but someday I surely will.

There's weird music symbols plus the Swedish place names and letters with ascents. If you open it in Notepad ++ or Subtitle Edit they display correctly. But they're not compliant with the standard font database ISO ???? or WLATIN1 which most subtitle software overlays prefer - so they default to something else.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   2 likes

David32441 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:04 pm There's weird music symbols plus the Swedish place names and letters with ascents. If you open it in Notepad ++ or Subtitle Edit they display correctly. But they're not compliant with the standard font database ISO ???? or WLATIN1 which most subtitle software overlays prefer - so they default to something else.
If I have a subtitle file that displays correctly in SubtitleEdit, I save it with UTF-8 Encoding. Then when I create a new MKV with optional subtitles using MKVmerge, I change the subtitle "Format specific options"/"Charset" from "default" to "UTF-8". That preserves the Unicode music symbols and accented alphabet characters and displays them in my video players.

If I encounter an external subtitle that does NOT display those characters correctly and I do not have a correct version, SubtitleEdit will fix the music characters automatically with Tools/"Fix common errors". I have not figured out a Tool to automatically fix the accented characters, so I search them out in the file using an English Spellcheck. Once I figure out what they OUGHT to be, I do a CTRL-H to replace them all with the correct version.

If I have a messed-up subtitle embedded in an MKV, I extract it with SubitleEdit and fix it, then save it as an external SRT file. I do not bother to do a remux.