Step-by-Step eMule Setup

Post any eMule-related questions and FAQ's here.
Caleyunior

Re: Step-by-Step eMule Setup

Post by Caleyunior »   0 likes

[Image]

Thanks to this research directly on eMule, I was able to download (some) of your contributions.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

:clap "You did a good job."

Just think: when you put a lot of pain and suffering into something, finally accomplishing your task is all the more gratifying!!
Caleyunior

Night457 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:02 pm :clap "You did a good job."

Just think: when you put a lot of pain and suffering into something, finally accomplishing your task is all the more gratifying!!
But once I disconnect from eMule, do I have to do the same as I have done so far? or do I just have to connect via the icon where the lightning bolt is located?
Night457
Global Moderator

Once you have it set up you should not have to do it again, so restarting should be easy for you now. But you did not say what you actually did to finally make it work.

Lightning bolt?? I had to look to see what you mean! I suppose that would change to "Connect" after using "Disconnect" but I don't want to disconnect to verify it. Anyway, anytime I disconnect from eMule I CLOSE it entirely, and then restart it fresh when I want to use it again. (I do that routinely with all my software, except the Operating System.) Everything should load automatically. Of course after you give it a minute or so you should check to make sure everything is working.
Caleyunior

Night457 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:27 pm Once you have it set up you should not have to do it again, so restarting should be easy for you now. But you did not say what you actually did to finally make it work.

Lightning bolt?? I had to look to see what you mean! I suppose that would change to "Connect" after using "Disconnect" but I don't want to disconnect to verify it. Anyway, anytime I disconnect from eMule I CLOSE it entirely, and then restart it fresh when I want to use it again. (I do that routinely with all my software, except the Operating System.) Everything should load automatically. Of course after you give it a minute or so you should check to make sure everything is working.
I access eMule via administrator, from there everything works for me.
Night457
Global Moderator

Aha! Well, keep doing that. I believe I set up my computer so that virtually everything runs with Administrator permissions, as I am the only one that uses it. But I don't remember for sure or how I did it!

(Yes, I know this can be dangerous, mimzy.)
Caleyunior

Post by Caleyunior »   1 likes

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting eMule using administrator access, everything was fine, I had no problems. Thank you so much Night457. FLM FOREVER!!! :heart
Rich_Visiting

Post by Rich_Visiting »   1 likes

It would be useful to add emule-security.org nodes (dat) and sever (met) links to the first page, even though security is highly monitored (don't dl anything stupid) and a front (Ukraine takeover) it is the best way to connect without adding servers (met) manually or limited node link. It would be useful :idea: