[REL] Laura, les ombres de l'été (1979)

jetje

Re: [REL] Laura, les ombres de l'été (1979)

Post by jetje »   1 likes

I'm stunned that this film got rereleased in both HD and English. I thought Hamilton's film were lost to time in terms of ever getting a new release.

I used the mega.nz links and the quality appears to be great.

Thank you @deadman.
deadman

Post by deadman »   0 likes

jetje wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:51 am I'm stunned that this film got rereleased in both HD and English. I thought Hamilton's film were lost to time in terms of ever getting a new release.

I used the mega.nz links and the quality appears to be great.

Thank you @deadman.

You're welcome.

The French DVD (which was the best version previously available) is dubbed. As I also discussed in another thread, the original dialogue track was English. Watch the mouth movements and you'll see the actors were indeed speaking English.

David Hamilton was British but did much of his work in France and spoke both languages. It may have been the fact that Dawn Dunlap didn't know much French and the rest of the cast was fluent in English that decided for him - after all this movie was basically made for Dawn, one of Hamilton's all-time favorite models, and she was the one indispensable cast member.
goku33

Post by goku33 »   0 likes

mimzy wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:30 pm
deadman wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:03 pm There are a handful of countries that don't enforce the DMCA and other overreaching copyright laws. All you have to do is incorporate and have your servers in one of those places - Belize for example - and no one can sue you or do shit about it.

If uloz had simply put their servers in the right location they'd still be up and running.
I believe this is not as simple as it seems. Places that don't care about DMCA have probably poor Internet connection and uloz needs a lot of bandwidth, so it would be very expensive or not possible at all. (It is easy to get a .to address, but that does not mean the server is physically in Tonga.)

If there are realistic options, I would be interested. Might be useful for FLM one day.
It is possible. Bunkr hosts petabytes of data and is the filehost to the biggest Only Fans (xxx) piracy forums in the world. I don’t know if their actual servers are in Russia but they definitely proxy them from there and also use Russian ddosguard. Even funnier, they give me full speed (10mb/s) without restrictions most of the time (the only restriction they have is 1 download at a time).
But they also have shady ads (not an issue with uBlock Origin and on Linux the fear of getting malware infected is quite low anyways).

But they explicitly are against hosting movies and have per filesize limit 2GB believe (I’ve seen people just RAR‘ing their posts into a dozen small parts).

Code: Select all

https://bunkr.sk/faq
deadman

Post by deadman »   1 likes

deadman wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 4:03 pm
Gag wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:32 am If anyone cares about quality there is a 17gb remux available on fearnopeer

Unfortunately fearnopeer should be called fearallpeers, because they've gone over to the usual closed registration, need an invite system.

If anyone wants to join this site they have open signups going on. I just registered and will be taking a look around to see what they've got available. A little heads up. Anyone who's interested can go here:

https://fearnopeer.com/register

At least for now. Don't know how long it'll be open.
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   1 likes

Yo deadman thanks for the heads up on that fearnopeer site. Made an account and looked around. Seems like a pretty easy torrent site.

For anyone interested, they set you up with 50gb buffer and are currently, at the time of this post, doing a site-wide freeleech to coincide with open registrations. They do seem to be primarily interested in new releases, but sometimes that includes new BR releases of old movies. ;)
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Thank you deadman! And pillowbaker for pushing me not to be afraid. I managed to read and understand the Rules but the FAQ leaves me a little confused, having never used a private torrent site in the first place. Unfortunately I am only looking for old torrents reseeded at the moment, so I did not find anything to try out and see how it works. I hope my buffer does not expire while I sit on the the account and wait.
DreamScape

Post by DreamScape »   1 likes

Night457 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:18 am I hope my buffer does not expire while I sit on the the account and wait.
Nah, you'll be fine. The important thing is to log in often enough to not get pruned if they delete inactive accounts. Once a month should be enough.
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Thanks. I guess if there is not a torrent that I need a private tracker for within a month, I don't need the service anyway!
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

If anyone wants to join this site they have open signups going on. I just registered and will be taking a look around to see what they've got available. A little heads up. Anyone who's interested can go here:
Registration was easy. Thanks a lot, deadman. Let's see whst they have...
pillowbaker

Post by pillowbaker »   0 likes

Night457 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:18 am Thank you deadman! And pillowbaker for pushing me not to be afraid. I managed to read and understand the Rules but the FAQ leaves me a little confused, having never used a private torrent site in the first place. Unfortunately I am only looking for old torrents reseeded at the moment, so I did not find anything to try out and see how it works. I hope my buffer does not expire while I sit on the the account and wait.
Yeah, this place doesn't look half bad, really. As DreamScape said, your buffer is yours forever (until you use it up, I suppose). Might I suggest, take a look at some of their "featured" torrents that offer "double upload", particularly any that show live leechers, and download them to further accrue ratio. Assuming you have HD space to spare. You can delete the titles sometime in the future, once you've seeded enough.