[REL] Masha (2020)

Night457
Global Moderator

Re: [REL] Masha (2020)

Post by Night457 »   0 likes

Windows has icons for most of its functions:
Screenshot 2024-03-31 105605.png
It used to spell them out "Cut" "Copy" "Paste". I need the words, not the pictures, I am not a Mac user. No matter how many times I see them I can not remember what they mean. It takes forever to hover and wait for the words to pop up. There are different Windows versions for different languages and it still uses SOME words like "New" and "View", so there is no absolute need for "universal" icons that are mostly arbitrary and incomprehensible. I need a Windows option for ALL words, because I routinely click on the wrong picture, and I end up Cutting something I am supposed to be Copying. And then I CTRL+Z to Undo what I messed up, but I do it too many times and it deletes some more previously copied files.

I am just bitching because I hate change.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

What is this screenshot from? The top bar of the Windows Explorer or what? So you wanted to copy and paste a file?
Why not simply use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V?
Night457
Global Moderator

Yes, the top bar of Windows Explorer. There MAY be a way to change it, but I get oh so tired of researching how to change what Microsoft screws up and I at least TRY to adapt. I am very used to keyboard shortcuts and remember the important ones easily, because they are text/keystrokes and not pictures. However, I use the touchpad to select files and it seems only natural to continue using the touchpad to then use the CutCopyPaste options, rather than switching to the keyboard. When I transfer files I tend to do several per external drive. My whole aim is the quickest action with the least thinking necessary, Click-Click-Boom. I use CTRL+Z because the Undo option is not immediately visible in Windows Explorer, as it is hidden in the ... "See more" menu.

What does your Windows Explorer tob bar look like?
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

What does your Windows Explorer tob bar look like?
I guess not different from yours. I don't use it.
I'm on Total Commander for many years. There I have a "split window". On drive on the left, the other on the right. When I wanna copy or move a file, I just mark the file(s) and click F5 or F6. Much easier.
Night457
Global Moderator

I looked at Total Commander and the 2-panel setup seems FAR more intuitive to me! I do know that trying to add Function keys to my memory bank already filled with Keyboard Shortcuts would probably make my brain explode. Still, TC looks better than WE.