[REL] Wicked Little Things aka The Children (2006)

billanben

[REL] Wicked Little Things aka The Children (2006)

Post by billanben »   0 likes

http://imdb.com/title/tt0470000/

Plot Outline: Karen, Sarah, and Emma Tunney are all moving to a small town in Pennsylvania where, unknown to them, in 1913, a horrid mine accident trapped dozens of children alive, underground. But there's a problem. They're still alive.

This was one of the best horror movies I've seen in a decade. By FAR the best film of Horrorfest, and is WAY too good to go straight to DVD after this. This film needs a wide theatrical release! The kids were INSANELY CREEPY! Great plot, surprisingly gorgeous cinematography, great acting - Lori Heuring and Scout Taylor-Compton give strong, emotionally charged performances. This is not just some mindless, one dimensional slasher. This one's the real deal. The mine children looked and acted horrifying (easily the creepiest children ever filmed... they make Damien look like the kid from Home Alone) but you really sympathize with them too.

The shocks (classic zombie gore combined with supernatural what's-in-the-woods suspense) are balanced with the storyline and it all blends together nicely; nothing overwhelms and the movie never drags. Great pacing and editing.

I don't want to give too much away but horror fans, this is one you DON'T want to miss. I'm hoping it does well enough for some sequels, particularly following the child miner Mary Tunny.

With sub-par, mediocre "horror" flicks like "The Grudge 2" getting wide releases, here with "Wicked Little Things" we have a true horror masterpiece that needs a LOT more attention and fanfare. It's an instant classic and needs more attention and love.

------------------------------
Looks like one to keep an eye out for alright ! Not currently on EM or News :-)
FLL

Re: [REL] Wicked Little Things 2006 aka The Children aka Zom

Post by FLL »   7 likes

Just posted on USENET in alt.binaries.movies.divx - alt.binaries.multimedia.horror. It's already on eMule with over 200 full sources, too.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.27 Mb]
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks ;)
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

FLL wrote:Just posted on USENET in alt.binaries.movies.divx - alt.binaries.multimedia.horror. It's already on eMule with over 200 full sources, too.

SOMETIMES I'VE HEARD ABOUY ALT.BINARIES.MOVIES ETC...SO WHICH IS THE CORRECT LINK??? AND WITH THIS USENET MUST TO HAVE AN ACCOUNT??? THX IN ADVANCE ;)
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Think we already coverered this for you Art.

Yes you need to buy an account - very low cost - then you can either use a newsreader, or just do what I do and download from web page.

It IS worthwhile
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

The basics: USENET is many newsgroups with different themes. One of the most popular is alt.binaries.movies.divx, which has nothing but AVIs. There are also groups that have full 5GB DVDs. Probably the most popular among people here is alt.binaries.movies.thelostmovies, which is run the TheLost and has much of the same stuff as here, including TheLost's own rips.

Some ISPs include free USENET, but it may have a monthly download limit or may not include all the groups or likely only has the last few days. You should check your ISP's support page for "Newsgroups" or "USENET" or "NNTP", they all are different names for the same thing. If that's not enough, then you can get a paid account someplace which solves those problems. Definitely check your ISP first.

If you get USENET via your ISP, you'll need newsreader software to download stuff, but there's free stuff out there. If you pay for USENET you can subscribe to a service that shows you what's there and allows you to download via web page, like billanben uses. This should all be covered in another topic if you want.
starfish21

Re: [REL] Wicked Little Things aka The Children (2006)

Post by starfish21 »   15 likes

Wicked Little Things (2006)-H264-1280x720

[Image]
[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image] [Image]

[Image] [Image]

General
Complete name : Wicked Little Things (2006)-H264-1280x720.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
File size : 1.73 GiB
Duration : 1h 34mn
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 2 626 Kbps
Video
Format : AVC
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 2 470 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive

Audio
Format : AAC
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 152 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.73 Gb]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Sweet! Thanks starfish.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Always a good watch this one is :D Thanks

Interesting audio conversion choice. I have noticed YIFY and Zen_bud doing a similar compression. Personally I like using the multi channels from the original DTS at a higher bit rate but often I find it takes up too much space meaning to keep file size down much of the video information is being lost to the audio track. With dvd this doesn't matter much because the original audio is usually not very big where as blu-ray sometimes the original DTS track is several gigs, An advantage here is that even though the audio track is small, coming from a very high quality source (bluray) it still sounds very good and leaving more MBs dedicated to the video it looks very good. My next blu-ray rip I will play with this and see if I can get a 720p closer to a gig. :think
plonkah

Post by plonkah »   0 likes

brill ty Starfish