[REL] The Challengers (1989)

terry666

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

[Image]

From Imdb:
After her father dies and she moves to a new town, Mackie wants to join a certain gang/band. But they've got this boys-only rule. So Mackie comes up with an audacious plan...only it begins to backfire.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0097038/

Nobody wanted a boy dressed-as-a-girl movie, but how about a girl dressed-as-a-boy movie? A very young Gema Zamprogna (Road to Avonlea) also spends most of the movie being a girl. This is a movie I captured on my DVR recently, which I can post if there is interest. There are no scenes RFF would mention.

[Image][Image]
[Image][Image]
[Image][Image]

I can encode this for release after I find out how I did on encoding "Just You And Me, Kid".

Cheers!
billanben

Re: Release proposal: The Challengers (1989)

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Yeses = 4
Nos = 0
Please go ahrad and post this Terry :-)
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

billanben wrote:Yeses = 4
Nos = 0
Please go ahrad and post this Terry :-)
lol!

It is a cute movie... One of the original 'Family Releases' from a Christian film production company.

Yet another one of my VHS tapes that was ruined by my 'Humid House' 4 years ago... :( (Haven't thought of this one in quite awhile. Now I'll have to check to see if it's available on DVD.) :think

I agree with billanben this would be a coolio release; thanks for taking the time to rip this, terry666!! :bigups

kev.
terry666

It seems to be for sale only in VHS format. It will be my pleasure to post this. I can use the same encoder settings I used on "Just you and me, kid", or do they need some tweeking? I'll admit I cheated on the final file size a bit (it's a little larger than a CD), but I did it for quality.
terry666

Post by terry666 »   19 likes

[Image]

From Imdb:
After her father dies and she moves to a new town, Mackie wants to join a certain gang/band. But they've got this boys-only rule. So Mackie comes up with an audacious plan...only it begins to backfire.
http://imdb.com/title/tt0097038/

I release this movie as it was supported in the forums.

I find that there is some quality loss between my DVR's vob file and this XviD encoding, even after applying all the highest quality settings I could find. If I ever record a film of consequence, I will post it as a 2 CD release. Until then, please enjoy this movie.

I'm setting this as priority release in my shared folder, but as of today, I'm going back to my normal emuling.

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [784.55 Mb]

(I sent out 10.5 GB over the last 2 days with my last release alone.)

Cheers!
ghost
Site Admin

Re: [REL] The Challengers (1989)

Post by ghost »   0 likes

Thanks ;) looking forward to it
terry666

A quick question. I sometimes get a message in emule asking if I can give them an upload slot. I'm not sure how to do this. For example, I can see you in queue, Ghost, but all I can do on that screen, is add you as a friend. Is there anything else I can do to give you preference?

^^^^^^^^^^^
EDIT

Nevermind... found it. If I'm not last one to figure this out, a friend slot is given in the messages section of emule.
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

First: add someone as a friend -> after this you can give him a friend slot.
terry666

Cool. Since I only posted this movie here, I'll give a friend slot to whoever I see in queue over the weekend.
emuler

Post by emuler »   1 likes

You can only give one friend slot at a time. Better give it to someone nice (like ghost) who'll keep it shared for the rest of us.