[REL] Wildflower (1991)

FLL

[REL] Wildflower (1991)

Post by FLL »   4 likes

This is a Lifetime movie which used to be posted here, when I downloaded it via WinMX it was named "wildflower.1991.NEWRip.first-loves.com.avi".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103266/
In this film, which was directed by Diane Keaton, Arquette plays a young girl who is afflicted by a hearing impairment and epilepsy. Her father keeps her locked up in a shed, and beats her and her mother.

When a local girl (the at-the-time unknown Reese Witherspoon) sees what is going on, and that Alice (Arquette) is a really nice girl if anyone would take the time to care, she gets her brother to help. They want to teach her how to write and read, and it is clear through her interest in poetry that she wants to learn. As she gets cleaned up and exhibits what she has learned, the brother becomes attracted to her, and begins to half-heartedly pursue it.
This film fits here based on its theme and based upon the lively performance of 15-year-old Reese Witherspoon, if you're a fan of hers you'll want to see this. Patricia Arquette gives an excellent performance as Alice, the abused girl, and plays a teen, though she was over 20 at the time.

One note, the file plays fine using VLC but on my DVD player the sound gets out of sync. There doesn't appear to be another rip of this available, though.

EDIT: See my post two posts down for another link, one without the audio problems.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [684.05 Mb]
rmt@36

Re: [REL] Wildflower (1991)

Post by rmt@36 »   0 likes

This is a different movie and well worth looking at.

If not for the story line then at the very least for the stunning Reese Witherspoon.
FLL

Post by FLL »   4 likes

FLL wrote:One note, the file plays fine using VLC but on my DVD player the sound gets out of sync. There doesn't appear to be another rip of this available, though.
What a difference a week makes... either coincidentally or because he saw it here, three days ago "Deadly" posted his rip of this movie to a.b.m.thelostmovies. Unlike what I originally posted, I have no audio problems when it's played on my DVD player (a Philips 642), so if you like to watch AVIs on your DVD player it's worth getting this rip. Thanks, Deadly!

Like this post to see ed2k links  [689.47 Mb]
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Can anyone help in finding English subtitles for this please? Thanks.
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »   0 likes

emuler

Yes, it is an English movie. I still want English subtitles.
Amadeus

Post by Amadeus »   0 likes

One would think there is voice recognition software for such things. :think
emuler

As I have mentioned several times before, I have a hearing impaired niece. A lot of the movies I get are for her, including this one.

If you manage to do it with voice recognition software,do send me a link to the srt. :thumbsup
FLL

Post by FLL »   3 likes

If voice recognition were actually an option, this would be one of the worst possible movies to try it. The southern accents of the main characters are quite pronounced, and Patricia Arquette's speech is often barely recognizable due to her character's hearing disability. I remember several times having to back up the movie to try to figure out what they were saying.

I got the DVD and ripped the subs for you. They are actually closed captions, not subs, there's no menu item on the DVD to select them and the subs button on the remote doesn't work, it apparently needs your TV to be closed caption capable to select them. If I hadn't seen the DVD listed as having English subs I'd probably have reported back that there were none. I've never seen this before, though it's probably common and I just never noticed it.

It's been so long since I ripped CCs from a DVD I couldn't remember how. Finally figured out VSRip is the tool to use.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [98.7 Kb]
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtitl ... dflower-en
emuler

Thanks. :onfire :onfire :onfire

I'm aware that voice recognition is a right royal PITA. :wall I was just taking a poke at Amadeus. :icon_poke :bigups

Point of curiosity: I suppose it is right and fitting that closed captions SHOUT. :think :dance