[REL] Ricky's Room (1999-2001) TV series

terry666

[REL] Ricky's Room (1999-2001) TV series

Post by terry666 »   7 likes

[Image]

from TV.com:
Contrary to what people think, this is not a Barney & Friends knock-off, per se. Jeff Deverett, Samuel Harrison and Benson Dale produced Ricky's Room during a Barney & Friends hiatus. Ricky Rhino, his little friend Nicky Rhino, and their cousin Harold Hippo are always on the spot, getting together with four young friends
I recorded a couple of episodes of this show by chance this morning on my DVR. The first episode wasn't particularly interesting, but I thought the one seen below, might be. If I catch any more episodes worthy of releasing, I will post them in this thread.

Unfortunately, the show plays on NTV which isn't the ideal quality channel on my satellite service. According to the website (which I don't know how up-to-date is) this show plays on KMTP in San Francisco, CA, Sundays at 8:30am, and WXEL, West Palm, FL, Fridays 10am. Check your local listings, as there may be other episodes worth releasing.

Episode Title: Picnic Nicki
season 3, episode 6
Plot: The gang goes on a picnic and sing some songs about eating healthy and stuff. (Sorry, I wasn't really paying attention...)

Image grabs from the final avi file:
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

I provide a preview file with the main release, which is basically the opening of the show. It has clips from previous episodes, and I spotted a couple I wouldn't mind seeing.

Links:

Official website with some small preview clips:
http://www.tv.com/rickys-room/show/23789/summary.html

TV.com
http://www.tv.com/rickys-room/show/2378 ... bs;summary

Imdb (they list the show ending 2000, but this is contrary to what is shown in the credits):
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489430/

preview Ed2k:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [17.16 Mb]

main Ed2k:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [398.91 Mb]

tech stuff
-----------
Source: s-video from satellite receiver

original DVR encoded vob file specs:
[Image]

final avi specs:
[Image]

Enjoy!
billanben

Re: [REL] Ricky's Room (TV series) (1999-2001)

Post by billanben »   0 likes

I have to say that although the contributions from you are welcome Terry, I would put this in non-interest since it is DEFINITELY not FLM.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Thanks Terry

I do and don’t agree billanben.
I always used non-interest for films that have very few glimpses of the girls & or the girls are too old to even be consider children even if they play that part; say 18 or over.

but this title wont interest me, which is why im being indecisive on your opinion.

I do think there will be members who will be very interested in the blue jeaned one ;)
Who knows, maybe there are some better caps that those!!
terry666

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

My mistake - I should have asked if anyone wanted this before I posted it. I thought considering the rarity of the series, or indeed the rarity of kid shows these days with actual kids, there would be interest. (And also the fact that the cute blond in the blue jeans is prominently featured in this show.)

No big wop though, I've fine tuned my encoding techniques with this exercise. (Those of you that got this will notice it is perfectly cut.)

I would dare to suggest that people at least get the preview though. The clip shows one episode with a gymnast that may be worth seeing.
billanben

Hi Terry

Yes do like kids shows - check out Chocky, but unless we create a separate forum, my point was that these are nothing to do with FL. Post by all means - there are going to be people very interested, but not in a FL forum. That is my opinion, others may want to differ. I certainly do not intend to discourageyou from posting - you havve posted some top stuff already !
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

For those that do not know; First Love was never intended for titles portraying movies just about First Love or similar.

The name "FLM" was initialy intended by the creator for movies he first loved, and from there became a site for titles starring children; mostly girl themed & OT, OT meaning differant things to differant people.

Although billanben, I do like the idea of a topic section for just shows etc, but it may become complicated if that topic then had to be devised into countries.
terry666

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

Great! Two admins telling me different things. Don't worry, I won't stop posting, but next time I'll verify people want what I'm offering - at least when it's something I'm encoding myself.
billanben

Oops - that was my understanding of FLM - looks like was wrong :-))

Think we can just have a conf for TV shows - no need to split into countries (as per the music vids forum)

Thanks to DB for clearing my confusion.
terry666

Post by terry666 »   5 likes

Here's a clip from a clip show episode called "Good Deed Doers". This segment probably comes from the episode "Flowers of Fun". The clip show was the end of the series, and NTV has restarted airing episodes from the beginning of season 1. So it may be a while before I can post the full episode. Check out the image grabs, watch the clip, and you may also agree this would be worth posting!

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [49.98 Mb]

I hope you like!
rmt@36

Post by rmt@36 »   0 likes

Thanks Terry

I remember this on TV for a short while. It was pretty lame but the girls were very cute.

I especially like the one in the yellow dress, who stayed with the series throughout