[REL] The Secret Garden (1975)

terry666

[REL] The Secret Garden (1975)

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

[Image]

From Imdb:
In 19th-century India, little Mary Lennox is suddenly orphaned by cholera. Her only living relative is her crook-backed uncle, Archibald Craven, so Mary is sent to live at his estate on the Yorkshire moors. Rude and unpleasant, Mary gradually begins to change as she explores the manor and grows to know some of the servants, particularly her maid Martha, and Ben Weatherstaff the gardener. With the help of a robin, Mary discovers a secret garden. She also discovers a cousin she never knew she had, and begins to form plans that transform her cousin, the garden, and ultimately herself.
This movie has been mentioned in the forums before as "wanted". I'm just making a formal request. It's available on DVD, so maybe someone has it.

Links:

http://www.rarefilmfinder.com/showfilm.php?id=6880
http://imdb.com/title/tt0073675/
http://allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll?p=avg&sql=1:128771
FLL

Re: [REL] The Secret Garden (1975)

Post by FLL »   17 likes

Didn't realize earlier this version was wanted. This rip is by "Deadly" as posted on a.b.m.thelostmovies.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.14 Gb]

It's long, 7 episodes combined totaling 3:22, so if anyone has the DVD a full 2CD (or more) rip could give better quality (the pixelation is sometimes noticeable) but this is what I have. Enjoy!
terry666

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

Thanks once again FLL! I checked this in preview and it's the version everyone wants. I actually missed your post here and found your release through an emule search.
worf12

Post by worf12 »   3 likes

FLL wrote:Didn't realize earlier this version was wanted. This rip is by "Deadly" as posted on a.b.m.thelostmovies.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [1.14 Gb]

It's long, 7 episodes combined totaling 3:22, so if anyone has the DVD a full 2CD (or more) rip could give better quality (the pixelation is sometimes noticeable) but this is what I have. Enjoy!

Thanks
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

FLL wrote:It's long, 7 episodes combined totaling 3:22
NO PROB...IF MOVIES ARE ALL LIKE THIS I AM GLADY TO WILL BE AN :icon_old WATCHING ITS :)
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   27 likes

[Image][Image]

Be warned!.........At 3 hours 20 minutes long any upgrade is always going to have a significant filesize!
This one has frustrated me right from the start :wall ...........I'd flagged this one up on FLM as worthy of an upgrade having noted FLL's comments concerning the quality of the 'Deadly' rip he released. My research unfortunately coincided with the forum taking a partial nosedive & certain elements of the thread disappearing. FLL very kindly provided me with the file specs & the forum has since returned to normal :clap
I deliberately avoided the many cheap copies available on eBay that were handed out with the UK Sunday newspapers.......running time seemed to be shorter & I was guessing the quality wouldn't be that great. Instead I ordered the genuine BBC/Readers Digest DVD & was less than amused when it came back as a deleted title!
After finally sourcing a new genuine DVD on eBay & it arriving the quality has surprised & somewhat disappointed me. This is a clumsily put together DVD with evidence of slight pixellation in the source (as FLL reported) & pretty major picture disturbance at the edges :wall I've carried out the bare minimum of cropping necessary to remove the disturbance but left the pixellation alone.

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]
[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]

File Name .......: The Secret Garden 1975 DVDRip loverboy.avi
File Size .......: 2,200.94 MB

Duration ........: 03:20:48
Video Codec .....: XviD MPEG-4 codec
Video Bitrate ...: 1404 KB/s
Resolution ......: 720 x 544
Aspect Ratio ....: 1.32:1
Framerate .......: 25 FPS

Audio Codec .....: MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3)
Audio Bitrate ...: 128 KB/s (CBR)
Channels ........: 2 Ch

I'm not 100% satisfied with the quality of this rip but fear this may be as good as it gets. I'll obviously be delighted to be proved wrong! :)

Like this post to see ed2k links  [2.15 Gb]

Enjoy!
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

i have this dvd around somewhere but according to Amazon it is the shorter version. i will have to check your copy to see what i am missing.
thanks loverboy

:)
ptguardian

just found my dvd and it is the full 210 minutes. i scanned through a few episodes, they look clean. :thumbsup
i might have to take up the challenge of a better rip. i will check out your copy first than decide if it is worth a go. i have been working a lot lately and have several releases i need to get to. just not enough time. :wall

ptguardian

@ loverboy
just watched your rip. not sure what you were referring to as to quality? your rip is excellent. very close to the original source. color is good and more important running through a up converter i saw no artifacts. very smooth play back just like it should be. :clap

i will help share this for a while. this is definitely the best rip available. come and get it everyone. :thumbsup

loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Thanks for the kind words ptg...........
Maybe my expectations were being too high here but I was definitely disappointed in the source quality, bearing in mind it's a genuine BBC DVD. I'm also likely to be more critical when I've gone & bought something rather than 'adopting' someone else's work!
This will be given a boost when I get to work & share it there also.

lb