[REL] Her Majesty (2001) [New Zealand]

billanben

[REL] Her Majesty (2001) [New Zealand]

Post by billanben »   11 likes

This is one of the best true FLM I have seen in ages. I recommend this to one and all - something for everybody, great story, lovely actresses, uniforms - you name it and it probably has it ! It is also available on lostmovies. Get this !!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0298359/

I enjoyed the distinct pleasure of seeing this film on March 24, 2002, at the 26th Annual Cleveland International Film Festival.

What a delight! I must first admit that I had very few expectations for this film when I selected it. Like many film fesitval veterans, my film choices at these events tend more toward the logistic rather than the artistic: in other words, if the movie plays at 3 p.m. and I am free at 3 p.m. -- and none of the other three films playing at that same time interests me -- I frequently choose a film by default.

In this case, however, my "choice by default" turned out to be a wonderful happenstance. This movie deserves to be picked up for national distribution within the United States very quickly. I was completely charmed by the story of a young New Zealander who is obsessed with Queen Elizabeth II. In an attempt to get the newly crowned Queen to visit her small cheese-making town, the youngster embarks upon a prolific letter-writing campaign to convince the Queen to visit the small town during her upcoming tour of the country.

The relationships in the film are very strongly fleshed out, and the movie can make even the most hard-edged cynic tear up and cry like a little baby! The young actor who plays Elizabeth brings a genuine sweetness and pluckiness to her role. And the woman who plays the Maori elder is wise and noble but never succumbs to cliche. This is a family film that can wear such a badge with absolute distinction. It teaches without preaching or condescending. I cannot rave enough about this wonderful film!

The writer/director of the film was present for the screening. He described how it took him nearly 13 years to get the movie made, what with his chasing of financing as well as his dealings with studios that wanted him to compromise his script by moving the setting to America instead of its New Zealand locale. I can only hope that some of these same "industry types" who were so quick to dismiss the film were present for the Cleveland screening, where the audience erupted in thunderous cheers and applause at the end of the movie.

Keep a watchful eye out for this movie -- and pray that it gets the wide exposure it so dearly deserves!

Like this post to see ed2k links  [701.67 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [698.13 Mb]

Admin Note: The cd1 link is long dead, try this one instead:

enjoy
thelost

Re: [REL] Her Majesty 2001 (New Zealand)

Post by thelost »   0 likes

It's sort of funny when I ripped that I figured next to no one would download it... shows how much I know... :icon_rolleyes

Bit more info if anyone wants it
http://lostmoviesarchive.com/movie.php?id=172
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Hey Lost

Million thanks to you for putting me on to this. Lets just say the movie is 100% the actress, and she wears some charming stuff !!
thelost

Post by thelost »   0 likes

Glad you liked it ;)
terry666

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

Can anyone reshare this one?
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

I am REALLY struggling with space right now so I am sorry mate but I can't put this back to shared (now burned to DVD).
terry666

The second part seems to have at least 1 source. But part 1 is dead. Hopefully some other member can reshare it.
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Hmmm, I originally got this from the newsgroup, not eMule, but when I saw your message I moved both parts into my eMule shared folder, you are only seeing CD2. Apparently the CD1 hash here doesn't match the file I got from the newsgroup. I'll look into this.

EDIT: I was hoping to see how much different the file linked here is from what I am sharing, but apparently absolutely noone has even a partial download of CD1 so I can't get the AICH hash to check with. If noone here reshares CD1 in a while then I'll post the link for the CD1 I have, but presumably that got corrupted somehow on my hard drive (unless what was posted on the newsgroup was different than what was posted here, the file sizes match so I doubt that).
FLL

Post by FLL »   10 likes

I re-downloaded CD1 from the newsgroup where TheLost (who did the rip) posted it... and the hash does not match what billanben posted. No clue why...

But since I now know that my copy of CD1 is good, here it is for everyone waiting... you need to cancel your download of the CD1 above and use this link:

terry666

Wow. This came down fast! Got it now in my share folder. Thanks FLL!

[Image]