[REL] CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG - (1968)

ARTHORIUS

[REL] CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG - (1968)

Post by ARTHORIUS »   5 likes

MY 1st REL OF THE NEW YEAR...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062803/
Summary:

This kiddie-car caper is flawed but solid family fare. It retains a quaint charm while some of the songs--including the title tune--are quite hummable. A huge plus is Dick Van Dyke, who is extremely appealing as an eccentric inventor around the turn of the century. With nimble fingers and a unique way of looking at the world, he invents for his children a magic car that floats and flies. Or does he? The special effects are tame by today's standards, and the film is about 20 minutes too long--but its enthusiasm charms. The script was cowritten by Roald Dahl and based on the novel by Ian Fleming, best known for his James Bond adventures
[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

AND THE LINK OF THE MOVIE (ENGLISH LANGUAGE...NO SUBTITLES)

Like this post to see ed2k links  [720.20 Mb]

HOPE IT'S OK...SEE YOU SOON... :thumbsup
billanben

Re: [REL] CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG - (1968)

Post by billanben »   0 likes

A classic
terry666

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

I loved this movie as a kid.
infiniter

Post by infiniter »   0 likes

Hmm, I have the german DVD. Not really ontopic, but a wonderful old movie. :heart
terry666

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

infiniter wrote:Hmm, I have the german DVD. Not really ontopic, but a wonderful old movie. :heart
It may not have any OT scenes, but how can it be an off topic film for FLM? I forget, do the kids only have small roles in this film?
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

It
may not have any OT scenes, but how can it be an off topic film for FLM? I forget, do the kids only have small roles in this film?
Ahhh the age old debate :)

I personally class movies with OT scenes to be the OT ones, but that really is my own personal view, but not everyone on FLM agrees with that.

I still believe this film has a place on FLM, because not everyone is looking for "special" scenes.

Then again, some members might get quite exited while watching some of the Chitty scenes :), so where do we draw the line in what’s OT? (that was a Rhetorical question BTW)
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Oh you chitty chitty bang bang - chitty chitty bang bang we love you :-))

Great post

I like any film where girls dress as girls - for me starts the film off on the right foot. I know there are also good films whre they ARE wearing jeans etc, but for me, I prefer the former.

Just MHO
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

As billanben said, this is a classic and therefore mandatory viewing; right up there with other classics like The Sound Of Music and The Wizard of Oz.

The kids are cute, if a little squeaky. The songs are great too. :clap And the song in which the king tries to murder his queen - we always count aloud the number of attempts. :dance
billanben

Post by billanben »   3 likes

Ah the Wizard of Oz, for me a film WAY ahead of its time (black and white to colour change for different worlds was a master touch), with superb acting (the impeccable Judy Garland and the cowardly Lion stand out for me), and a wonderful story. Easy to find - here is one link :-
Like this post to see ed2k links  [704.39 Mb]
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Yeah, and Shadrach dingle from emmerdale is the Lion LOL

http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/ohjelm ... 377545.jpg