[REL] Chudak iz pyatogo B 1972

billanben

[REL] Chudak iz pyatogo B 1972

Post by billanben »   15 likes

aka Crank from 5th B

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068374/

It has taken me ages to track down this title, particularly because it is Russian and I only remember it by the name it was transmitted in Britain: THE BOY FROM 5B. It is the story of a boy named Boris, who becomes pioneer leader of the infant class in his school, a task hampered by various other problems, such as trying to make the football team, trying to buy a birthday gift for his mother, and his romantic pursuit of the pretty new girl Toshka. The film itself was shown in the UK as a three-part mini series, as I remember, and I believe was in black-and-white, with English narration over the original Russian language. (I have never seen a colour version anyway). The innocence of the story is very touching, Boris or Borya as he was called, proved a very caring boy, despite wanting to keep up the right "image" in front of his peers, and I especially loved the musical score, which was quite unique and very memorable, and had a distinctive sort of late 60s sound. I believe another title for this film is THAT FUNNY BOY OF CLASS 5B, as well as CRANK OF 5TH B, as mentioned here on IMDb. I hope by including the alternative titles it will help others find this rare gem from the early 70s, a true childhood favourite which I will always remember.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [692.29 Mb]

enjoy (black and white)
terry666

Re: [REL] Chudak iz pyatogo B 1972

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

Ok, I'll bite on this one. I need more download transfers. Thanks.
terry666

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

This movie has a nice scene - a bit too young for me, but it's neat to see anyhow. It reminds me of another black & white Russian movie where the kids are seen in class getting their daily dose of vitamin D from a sun lamp.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

Stumbled upon this due to similar title of jkecal's last release.

What can I say? Cute girls, and ultra short skirts as usual... :heart
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   24 likes

Oh yeah, once I taught 1st grade cuties myself when I was in 5th grade :heart

Should be mentioned that the kids are acting amazingly well.

Arjlover version has better quality:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.90 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.87 Mb]
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

Thanks for the bump and the new source BLT, I missed this first time. And thanks billanben wherever you may be...
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

This was a nice "feel-good" movie without the saccharin sweetness of a Disney flick. Lots of cute kids and chuckles at their antics (and even an OT scene). I downloaded billanben's version and it's quite watchable.
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
ONE RING TO BRING EM ALL
Night457
Global Moderator

Post by Night457 »   1 likes

mimzy

Post by mimzy »   1 likes

Thanks pillowbaker and Night for the update! I was actually wondering why this was shot in black-and-white, but Wikipedia explains it: "Despite that the Soviet Union started broadcasting in color in 1967, color TV sets did not become widespread until the end of the 1980s. This justified shooting made-for-TV movies on black-and-white film."

OP has good review. The story is very touching and teaches one to be responsible and honest.