[REL] Laurin (1989)

Rich

[REL] Laurin (1989)

Post by Rich »   0 likes

Laurin (1989)
This movie had great impact on me. It is absolutley brilliant shot, in fact the whole movie looks like a dream. The story is a dark fairytale, which is sure to give you the creeps and full of unexpected plottwists. This is probably the best german movie ever made.
Anyone here seen this? any comments?

thanks, Rich :)
Rich

Re: Laurin (1989)

Post by Rich »   0 likes

Thanks for the info, looks good ;)

Shame it's not available via eMule :cry:

thanks, Rich :)
Rich

[REL] Laurin (1989)

Post by Rich »   0 likes

Laurin (1989)

[Image]
A small port at the turn of last century, embedded in a romantic river landscape with dense woods and a large castle ruin on a hill. Laurin, a pretty girl aged nine, lives together with her young mother Flora, her father Arne and her somewhat peculiar grandmother, Olga, in a remote, ivy-clad cottage in the middle of the forest. Laurin's father is a sailor and he often has to leave his family back for more than a couple of months. One evening Flora takes her husband for the long way down to the harbour. On her way back through night and storm she dies under mysterious circumstances, crashing through the rotten railing of a long, wooden bridge and drowning in the icy water of the river. Flora's death appears like a horrible accident, yet her little daughter feels that something evil is concealed in the village community.

Two years later, Laurin's father has gone off to sea again and the girl stays alone with her grandmother. It is now, that Van Rees, the parson's son, returns from the military service and is offered the job of the village teacher. Laurin feels somehow attracted to the dark-haired man with his gloomy and melancholy glance. With curiosity Laurin observes Van Rees' strange affection for her schoolfriend Stefan, remembering, that in the night of her mother's death a gypsy boy was attacked by a man in front of her window. From now on Laurin is tortured by bizarre dreams and visions. She realizes step by step that Flora and the gypsy boy have fallen victims to a murderer who haunts the castle ruin in the company of a black wolfish dog. Then Stefan suddenly disappears. Laurin scours the castle ruin and discovers a trapdoor leading down into a vault. There she encounters nightmare and terror.
Available through Amazon 8O

Thanks ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097719/
billanben

Re: [REL] Laurin (1989)

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Still not to be found on EM - this is the kind of film I would expect that Kev has hidden away somewhere :-)
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

billanben wrote:Still not to be found on EM - this is the kind of film I would expect that Kev has hidden away somewhere :-)
LOL!! Actually I DO have this movie on DVD; AND in English [the language it was originally shot in, according to the 'Making of' featurette {the German version that's out there is the dubbed one :think }]!! ;)

Again, though, this is one feature that I could have SWORN had already been released here on FLM... I'll try and get on this one THIS week.

Seems like there was another movie I said I have the DVD for recently, and that I would try to rip that too: Geeze been so tied up with 'real-life' that I've been letting things slide here... :(

I'll go back through the 'recent' posts and try and figure out which movie that was and try and work on both of those this week... :)

kev.
billanben

Uncanny eh ??
Thanks Kev - your releases are always worth the wait :-)
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   0 likes

I also have the DVD with english and german language and could rip it..

Any interest? Personally this movie isn't one of my favourites, but if you would like...
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

ghost wrote:...Personally this movie isn't one of my favourites, but if you would like...
I agree there: In a way it reminds me of 'Fanny and Alexander' as the title character doesn't seem to be the focus of the film. More the things happening around her, and Laurin is somewhat of a bystander to whatever events unfold...

Still the actress is kind of cute... It's one of those films you can say, "Oh, I have it, but it's not one of my better movies..." (Like YOU just did, ghost! ;) ) lol!

Actually it would probably be better for all if you ripped it over me; I'm STILL dealing with the 'Low ID' issue. :(

kev.
billanben

Sounds like great story so if you could rip would be greatful Ghost.

Kev - PM me and we will sort this Lowid out once and for all.
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes