[REL] El séptimo día (2004)

Debaser

[REL] El séptimo día (2004)

Post by Debaser »   17 likes

Lets cellebrate the return of FLM

On an isolated pueblo in the heart of the Spanish countryside, the seemingly familiar story of fickle young love unravels to incomprehensible tragedy when the spurned lover, Luciana Fuentes, expresses a vengeful wish on her seducer in the presence of her fragmented, devoted brother Jerónimo who, in turn, executes his sister's wish, resulting in the young man's cold and brutal murder in an open field. Despite Jerónimo's capture and 30-year prison sentence, the shame on the Fuentes family still proves to be terrible burden as the townspeople continue to treat the siblings with open contempt and derision, culminating one day in a suspicious fire that engulfs the family home and escalates the deeply entrenched family feud. Publicly humiliated, forcibly driven out of town, and struggling with Luciana's delusional obsession over her broken engagement, the family's harbored animosity festers with each passing year, awaiting Jerónimo's release and pondering the inevitable day of reckoning against the community that had turned its back against them. From Isabel's retrospective opening monologue to the intimately captured innocence of the children's world, Carlos Saura evokes the provocative and trenchant social observation and disquieting mystery of his seminal film, Cría Cuervos while retaining the musicality and immersive passion of his later, cultural expositions to create a haunting and indelible work. Through the introduction of the slow-witted, drug-addicted witness - the child of an incestuous relationship - Saura illustrates an intrinsic parallel to the town's oppressive isolation and complicity that contributed to the perpetuation of the communal tragedy. Based on a true incident in 1992, the film is a thoughtful, potent, and incisive examination on the insidious nature of collective exclusion, intolerance, implicit collusion, systematic demoralization, and consuming vengeance.

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

I enjoyed this film. Not for the story (I don’t know a word of Spanish), but the visuals.

Being a bit of a sicko, I rather enjoyed the slaying at the end too.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [701.63 Mb]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0380736/
ARTHORIUS

Re: [REL] El séptimo día (2004)

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

YEAH YEAH YEAH...GOOD RETURN :thumbsup
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Looks like English subtitles are available here.....
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/ ... uageid-eng
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   4 likes

popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

GREAT! thanks DBaser good release! :-)
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Thanks to http://girls-in-film.blogspot.com/ for bringing it to my attention!
panda1

Post by panda1 »   0 likes

Please Re-up this movie and its sub. :pray :pray :(
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

Reupped movie&sub
corsarace

Post by corsarace »   0 likes

Looks great!!! Looking forvard... Thanks a lot :bigups
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

This was a good film. I really hated what happened to the girls - they're all cuties. Thanks for the reshare.

Note: subtitles end at 1:25:34