kev
Site Admin

[REL] Verborgen gebreken (2004) [Dutch / English] [GM]

Post by kev »   16 likes

AKA: Hidden Flaws

IMDB link:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0395804/

Synopsis:
Very good casting. You really have the idea the parents haven't got a clue about whats going on in their little happy family and you can see easily spot two camps between the children (1=big brother, 2=sister+litle brother) as if they were naturally opposed by each other. I haven't seen any bad acting in this movie.

Certain elements in this movie make you wonder whats happened in the past. It really kept me thinking throughout the movie and even after. Generally a good sign for a movie.

After the movie had ended, people didn't get up and move but just stayed in their seats and watched the screen, satisfied. I was the first to get up after a few minutes and soon others followed. I can understand, because in some way I was emotionally moved. Maybe its because i pay more attention to dutch movies, but maybe its just a really good flick.
Pix:
[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

I LOVED this movie, but it's VERY melancholy! No exceptionally 'OT' scenes that I remember... There might be a short tub scene...

My DVD has subs but I don't know how to rip them, but possibly they are available at the 'Usual Suspect' subtitle websites. I've tried them and can't figure out how to get the subs from them... HELP..

Here's the link:
Like this post to see ed2k links  [520.92 Mb]

Hope SOMEONE likes this movie! lol ;)

kev.
casper

Re: [REL] Verborgen gebreken (2004) [Dutch / English] [GM]

Post by casper »   0 likes

Well if the pics are anything to go on I think I am going to love this one.

She is one great looking girl.

Thank you (again).

:bigups
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

casper wrote:Well if the pics are anything to go on I think I am going to love this one.

She is one great looking girl.

Thank you (again).

:bigups
I agree :cool thanks kev :bigups
mongodisco

Post by mongodisco »   0 likes

hi kev

this seems to be a really nice film... to rip the subs you need to use a program called vobsub. First you rip the DVD to your harddisc with DVD-decrypter (file-mode). After its ripped to specified folder you open the program vobsub configure.. If you don't have it installed, dl it from here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/VobSub.htm

click on the open button, down to the left in the program-window. A new window opens, find the folder where you saved the ifo,bup & vob-files (with DVD Decrypter^^). At the bottom of that window, it says filesize.. change this to "ifo and vobs for creating idx/sub". Then you get a list of the ifo-files that were present on the DVD.. Find the one of the that is the biggest one, normally thats the one containing the subs. After that click open, a new window opens where you have to specify where you want the subs to be saved. Click ok afterwards, another window opens showing the different subs that is present on the DVD. Mark all of them, that is listed in the right field and click ok. Now .idx and .sub-files for the movie will be created.

Btw.. i have noticed that the filesizes of your recent dvdrips varies alot. What program are you using?

Do any of you know where i can buy this movie. Thanx for any help..
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

mongodisco wrote:hi kev

this seems to be a really nice film... to rip the subs you need to use a program called vobsub. First you rip the DVD to your harddisc with DVD-decrypter (file-mode). After its ripped to specified you open the program vobsub configure.. If you don't have it installed, dl it from here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/VobSub.htm

click on the open button, down to the left in the program-window. A new window opens, find the folder where you saved the ifo,bup & vob-files (with DVD Decrypter^^). At the bottom of that window, it says filesize.. change this to "ifo and vobs for crating idx/sub". Then you get a list of the ifo-files that were present on the DVD.. Find the one of the that is the biggest one, normally thats the one containing the subs. After that click open, a new window opens where you have to specify where you want the subs to be saved. Click ok afterwards, another window opens showing the different subs that is present on the DVD. Mark all of them, that is listed in the right field and click ok. Now .idx and .sub-files for the movie will be created.

Btw.. i have noticed that the filesizes of your recent dvdrips varies alot. What program are you using?

Do any of you know where i can buy this movie. Thanx for any help..

Wow! Sorry mongodisco for taking so long to reply. I missed your post here for some reason...

I've downloaded that subripper file and will try it out in the next day or so. Thanks so much for it.

I've PM'ed questions about ripping subs to a couple other people and they either haven't gotten back to me or told me it was 'more complicated' than ripping the movie itself and left it at that... lol ;)

But the method you describe sounds possible for me to comprehend [I can be pretty compu-illiterate, sometimes], so I'm looking forward to trying it out.

As far as how I rip the DVD's: I use the method ghost taught me; DVD Decrypter to break the DVD into VOB files, and AutoGK to transfer them to AVI.

3 of the movies I've done; 'Blood Ties', 'Papa est parti, mamman aussi' and 'Savannah' were ripped from DVD burns of an original VHS source, so that might account for some of the file size variations.

If you are interested in getting the DVD, I'll PM you with an addy. :)

Thanks again for the link.

kev.
household

Post by household »   0 likes

wow

Looks great, hopefully still available.
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

tyvm ;)
emuler

Post by emuler »   0 likes

To get to text based (.srt) subs, you need SubRip. It is basically OCR (optical character recognition), so you'll start off a little slow as at first you'll have to confirm each new character, but later things go very quickly indeed as the characters you have confirmed earlier are automatically converted. Typically takes me about 15 minutes per movie.

If you find it difficult, upload the .idx and .sub pair somewhere I can get it, and I'll rip it for you.

Remember to check here first if the subs are already available:
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en (try search+ at subiee if no results)
http://titles.box.sk/index.php?p=m
ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   30 likes

ghost
Site Admin

Post by ghost »   37 likes

Upgrade to 720p. I just watched it again after some years. Just a good movie:

[Image]

[Image]