[REL] Moondial (1988)

loverboy

[REL] Moondial (1988)

Post by loverboy »   9 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098866/

[Image]

Moondial was the Childrens BBC at its very best. Screened on a Wednesday at 5pm (after John Cravens Newsround) this was a show that my mum made me watch as she loved it so much as well. The story follows Minty, who has recently lost her father and goes to visit Aunt Mary who lives in a big old country house. In the large garden of the house is a sundial type piece of stone that is actually a moondial. When Minty touches the moondial she becomes dizzy as if everything is spinning so she lets go of it and runs back towards the house although it's not quite the same as it was when she left. The first clue is that the people are dressed in old clothes. The second is that only a small boy can see her!

What follows is a really interesting drama that was very cleverly thought out, as a child I loved the mystery of the whole thing and would certainly watch this again. The fact that it also had my mum glued to the TV would indicate that it was suitable for adults as well!

And the screenshots.....

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

This is the fairly heavily edited DVD rip of the original six half-hour programmes although I doubt anything significant has been lost.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [681.89 Mb]

Enjoy!
emuler

Re: [REL] Moondial (1988)

Post by emuler »   0 likes

Time travel! Nice. :) The storyline reminds me a little of Time At The Top http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0160986/ starring Elisha Cuthbert (the daughter in the TV series 24)

Stats show no full sources. Are you releasing this? EDIT: never mind; stats are wrong. :snooty

I'm inclined to agree with you about the editing. 30 minute episodes are typically 20 to 25 minutes to allow for commercial breaks. Plus there are the opening and closing sequences. You do the math. :dance
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   13 likes

Moondial has been unavailable on DVD for some time now. The old edition was a transfer from the VHS master, which was a condensed TV movie type edition, missing lots of footage. Late last year Readers Digest released their own exclusive edition . This time round, the entire episodic version of Moondial has been included on one disc, which has never before been released on a home video format. Picture quality is average, better than the VHS and old DVD edition, but still not brilliant. However, with this DVD set deleted already, I'd recommend you grab one now before they are all gone.
The series was released on video in 1990, and reissued in 1995, but only in a shortened "movie edit". This was released on DVD in 2000, but has long since been deleted. The full episodic version was released in 2009 by Reader's Digest.

[Image] [Image] [Image]
[Image] [Image] [Image]
[Image] [Image] [Image]
[Image] [Image]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [261.82 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [251.71 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [205.02 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [278.07 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [224.24 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [177.10 Mb]

links renamed,cheers phuzzy
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Just an FYI, the episodes above seem to be misnumbered. 01 = ep6, 02 = ep1, 03 = ep2, 04 = ep3, 05 = ep4, and 06 = ep5. Looks like a cool series, thanks starfish.
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

so its just the six episodes misnumbered?
thats not so bad then...

[Image]

must've been fun sorting them out phuzzy.

Post by Guest »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:so its just the six episodes misnumbered?
thats not so bad then...

[Image]

must've been fun sorting them out phuzzy.
Seems you like it animated

[Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image][Image]
starfish21

Post by starfish21 »   0 likes

i've got a load of animated gifs and most of them can bring a smile to my face.

[Image]
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

starfish21 wrote:must've been fun sorting them out phuzzy.
Naw, I just previewed the opening title screens to see which was which. They're just "one off" - no big deal, just thought people might want to know.

Nice series - I've watched the first two but ran out of time last night (I have to sleep sometime :) ). Thanks for these.
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

thanks Starfish :thumbsup

released as a combo, Moondial (Uncut) and Lord Fauntleroy dvd.

it appears there is a large price swing on the dvd. reader's digest has this for around $20(average retail) where as amazon market place and e-bay are selling at well over $50. :eyecrazy
iggii

Post by iggii »   0 likes

I really enjoyed this series, but I must admit I am totally mystified as to what it was about. There didn't seem to be any explanation for it all!