[REL] Punky Brewster (1984)

loverboy

[REL] Punky Brewster (1984)

Post by loverboy »   6 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086787/

[Image]

This single episode release is just to get some feedback. I've chosen Series 1 Episode 9 'Miss Adorable' but have other episodes completed. What is more worrying is I'm presently downloading all 22 episodes of Series 1 which equates to 6 gig of torture in two single files. Yes, you've guessed it............this series makes me want to puke!
Depending on the response I'll decide if & how to release this little gem although personally I view it as R&D (Release & Dump)
Did I hear somone mutter 'lifetime ban'?

Screenshots as usual

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

[Image]

Like this post to see ed2k links  [293.76 Mb]

Enjoy!
ARTHORIUS

Re: [REL] Punky Brewster (1984)

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

Never heard b4 :think
kev
Site Admin

Post by kev »   0 likes

loverboy wrote:
...Yes, you've guessed it............this series makes me want to puke!
LOL!

I was in my 20's when this series first aired on American TV. It actually aired early during 'Prime Time' television which is weeknights from 7:00pm - 9:00pm.

I must confess, I was captured by the antics of Punky and her friends under the watchful eye of Punky's adoptive [grand]father, the crotchety old Henry Warnimont.

In fact my parents got a bit worried how at I could be seemingly held spellbound by such a *lame sitcom* obviously aimed at a 7 year old mentality. But hey, Punky was REALLY cute!! (I've got a thing for freckles and pigtails...)

I guess I have to further admit I've got the first 2 seasons on DVD, and bids out on Season 3... :blush Memories....

Anyway, thanks for posting this, Punky's well worth remembering, whether you like the show or not.

kev.

**Seriously; the show's premise was totally ridiculous, the writing was pretty bland and completely predictable. But there was an innocent sweetness about 'Punky Brewster' that kept it on the air for four years... (Although I only watched the first 2 seasons: I guess the fact that the show's writing never matured along with it's characters took it's toll on even me... ;) )

:thumbsup
FLL

Post by FLL »   0 likes

I enjoyed this when it was on but it wasn't "must see TV" for me.

For some reason seeing this post makes me want to search for anothe 80s series, "My Two Dads". Didn't survive as long but I liked the girl more. And that's what counts, eh? :)
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Certainly wouldn't be averse to checking out more of these :-)
mongodisco

Post by mongodisco »   0 likes

thanks for this release, have started downloading several of these... great release.
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Sadly, she insists on wearing jeans in every episode :-( Think she would look great dressed as a gal, butguess that tomboy thing was her thang - hence the name. Anyway, thanks for release but on this occasion going to pass.
rmt@36

Post by rmt@36 »   0 likes

I remember that she developed early and she didn't wear a bra. Her shirts were always loose and you got some peeks down her shirt on occasion.

This would be a reason to download this show. (If anybody is interested in that kind of thing).

LOL