[REL] The Offence (1972)

loverboy

[REL] The Offence (1972)

Post by loverboy »   6 likes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070468/

A harrowing and compellingly constructed chamber drama of police brutality and mental anguish, THE OFFENCE takes director Sidney Lumet’s obsession with the policeman’s conflicted position as his brother’s keeper into the realms of the psychological thriller. Sean Connery is devastatingly desperate as Officer Johnson, a 20-year veteran of the police force on the trail of a serial child molester. As the film begins, Lumet immediately plunges the viewer into a climax of crisis and violence with Johnson at the center. With a shuffling and halting narrative, the events leading to Johnson’s mysterious breakdown unfurl. When a young girl becomes the latest victim of the child molester, Johnson is unhinged after he finds the victim, naked and wounded in the marshes on the outskirts of town. Baxter (Ian Bannen), a teetering and dazed man, is picked up wandering in the center of town and becomes Johnson’s primary suspect. The interrogation that follows is a swift descent into hell, as the torture of 20 years of police work slowly seeps out of Johnson’s fetid soul and turns the questioning into a brutal verbal and physical showdown, seemingly to the death. THE OFFENCE was based on a play by John Hopkins entitled THIS STORY OF YOURS.

[Image]

If you're after skin or any 'special' scenes I wouldn't bother downloading this. However, if you like compelling thrillers with a heavyweight cast, go for it!
An excellent quality DVD rip, bearing in mind the year.

Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.91 Mb]
billanben

Re: [REL] The Offence (1972)

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Agree entirely Loverboy and thx for release
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Thanks loverboy :)

I’m sure I saw this on TV years ago.
If I remember correctly, there was a good scene in the woods that was frustratingly dark.

Funny how school uniforms did nothing for me when I was at school.
What was I thinking?

Well at least I came to my senses eventually :eyecrazy
loverboy

Post by loverboy »   0 likes

Debaser wrote: If I remember correctly, there was a good scene in the woods that was frustratingly dark.
I suppose someone will suggest screencaps followed by a tickle in Photoshop. :) :) :)
Whatever next!
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

I couldn’t resist :)

[Image][Image][Image]
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

lol ;)