[REL] L'Avion (2005)

kev
Site Admin

[REL] L'Avion (2005)

Post by kev »   3 likes

AKA: Charly, 'The Airplane' [English Title]

IMDB link:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0417453/

Synopsis: (WARNING: Reviewer is NOT a Tim Burton fan! ;) )
At last a REAL charming fantasy about a boy called Charley that's sugar free. Cedric Kahn's 'L'Avion' was, I suspect, made for the cost of about one reel of Tim gone-for-a-Burton's schmaltz that has successfully fooled a lot of people who should really know better that it's a half decent film. If small boys involved in charming albeit slightly fantastic situations are your thing then check this one out and forget that chocolate factory. Vincent Lindon, sans moustache, is husband to the luminous Isabelle Carre and father to Charley to whom he has promised a bicycle but brings instead a model airplane. Soon after that Pierre (Lindon) is killed and soon after THAT the model airplane becomes animated as if representing the spirit of the dead father. This is light years away from Kahn's last At Bat which was the stylish thriller Feux Rouges and he seems to be equally at home in both genres. Isabelle Carre will probably never get another part as good as Se Souvenirs des belles choses which was, of course, a once-in-a-lifetime role but she brings a quiet, gentle luminosity to everything she does as in this role of a young widow trying to deal with a child who may or may not be hallucinating. One of the strengths of this film is that it's not just the boy who experiences the strange inexplicable powers of the toy. Initially Charley's school friend, then his mother and finally authority figures all see and/or suffer the wrath of the plane. If there is at the end perhaps a nod to the if-you-build-it-he-will-come aspect of Field of Dreams that is not necessarily a bad thing - and incidentally FOD was yet ANOTHER example Burton would do well to study. It's dollars to donuts that the hype surrounding Burton's movie will totally eclipse any PR that this ten times better film will receive which makes it, alas, one for connoisseurs only.
Pix: (Other than DVD coverart, pix are capped from given link.)
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
[Image]

Mostly a boy movie, but pictured costar girl has some nice scenes; though nothing really OT. It really is a sweet movie! :thumbsup

ed2k link: (Not my rip, but a 'confirmed' link! ;) )
Like this post to see ed2k links  [699.68 Mb]

My first release in a long time! :think Enjoy.

kev.
terry666

Re: [REL] L'Avion (2005)

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

Thanks for the image grabs. I love it when it's made clear what someone can expect when downloading a release. I don't understand why others have to be so coy...
popdrome

Post by popdrome »   0 likes

kev wrote:Not my rip, but a 'confirmed' link!
My first release in a long time! :think Enjoy.

kev.
Thanks Kev! Now where were you? :bigups
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

terry666 wrote:Thanks for the image grabs. I love it when it's made clear what someone can expect when downloading a release. I don't understand why others have to be so coy...
Dude - just drop it please - we don't need any sly remarks in the forum thanks. I have added the link to the actress, something everone else also had the ability to do.

I have closed that book now, suggest you do as well Terry.
billanben

Post by billanben »   0 likes

Thanks Kev - looks charming
terry666

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

billanben wrote:we don't need any sly remarks in the forum thanks.
Whatever man. I asked a simple question, and you gave me the run around.
Debaser

Post by Debaser »   0 likes

Thanks for the image grabs. I love it when it's made clear what someone can expect when downloading a release. I don't understand why others have to be so coy...
LOL, that one made me laugh... I guess you caught me on a good day and billanben on a bad day.

I agree with both of you (which is why i'd make a terrible politician).

In some cases its fun to do our own research into a release based on little information, and its exciting waiting to see just what the contents of the film is.

On the other hand I like the releaser to post as much as info as possible.... I dont buy a sandwich unless I know the ingrediance :biggrin

BTW, thanks kev :)
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

Ok do it ;)

[Image]

[Image]
[Image]
[Image]
FLL

Post by FLL »   3 likes

Art forgot to repost the source he found:
ARTHORIUS wrote:The movie is in french language without subs...good quality video and audio and lot of sources

Like this post to see ed2k links  [700.04 Mb]

Enjoy :thumbsup
ARTHORIUS

Post by ARTHORIUS »   0 likes

Eh sorry i cannot remember all..otherwise i was the perfection ;)