[REL] Lolita (1962)

Rich

[REL] Lolita (1962)

Post by Rich »   6 likes

[Image]

[Image]

This was on TCM (UK) the other night, can't believe that it's never posted it here!!!! :eyecrazy :blush Classic!!! :cool

Like this post to see ed2k links  [698.91 Mb]
Like this post to see ed2k links  [698.20 Mb]

CHA CHA CHA! :) :) :)

And yes I know the film is not true to the book, and the actress is not a child... etc etc etc... still, a really enjoyable movie (much more so than the remake) IMO :)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056193/
terry666

Re: [REL] Lolita (1962)

Post by terry666 »   0 likes

Rich wrote:... still, a really enjoyable movie (much more so than the remake) IMO :)
I agree! I was beginning to think I was alone in this opinion. This movie may not have any "OT" scenes, but at least its not dreary like the newer version.
Rich

Post by Rich »   0 likes

terry666 wrote:
Rich wrote:... still, a really enjoyable movie (much more so than the remake) IMO :)
I agree! I was beginning to think I was alone in this opinion. This movie may not have any "OT" scenes, but at least its not dreary like the newer version.
Well, I found this one much more interesting especially from a periodic (1960's) point of view of the relationship, that is, the age difference at the time was very controversial. Also I enjoy old road movies anyway :) The remake was more sexual but why focus on the sexuality when the girl is clearly of age? :think I'd love to see a further remake more true to the book, unlikely though :(

Just my thoughts.... of course I respect others' opinions of the two movies ;) :)
redcat

Post by redcat »   0 likes

The favourite movie of David Lynch. He qualified it as " perfect film ". I looked the film several times and agree myself: it's one of the 10 better film of the 20th century. Especially for the sound and the music.

But well, it's from Kubrik :cool