[REL] El Muro del silencio (1974) [Mexico]

Rich

[REL] El Muro del silencio (1974) [Mexico]

Post by Rich »   0 likes

El, Muro del silencio (1974)

[Image]
Great psychological thriller. El Muro del Silencio is a collaboration of Mexican producers and directors along with some Colombian actors (like Álvaro Ruiz). It's filmed in Bogotá in the seventies. It's a pity that this film is not very well known. In fact, there are no reviews or comments on this film anywhere, not even Latin American sites. It shows a great influence of the 60's thrillers like Roman Polansky's "Rosemary's baby" and Joseph Losey's "Secret Ceremony" (starring Mia Farrow as well). Basically, the story describes a very strange relationship between a weird long haired child and his overprotective single mother. it has wonderful haunting scenes full of silence. The soundtrack is very appropriate as well (in fact, it won an award). I hope some day these kind of Latin American films will receive more attention.
would love to find this one! :think

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0199791/
ptguardian

Re: [REL] El, Muro del silencio (1974) [Mexico]

Post by ptguardian »   20 likes

Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

Cool, thanks ptg. I love scary little girls. :)
vidman49

Post by vidman49 »   0 likes

Rich wrote:
El Muro del Silencio is a collaboration of Mexican producers and directors along with some Colombian actors (like Álvaro Ruiz). Basically, the story describes a very strange relationship between a weird long haired child and his overprotective single mother.
Sounds more like a scary little boy from the description.
Phuzzy4242
Site Admin

Post by Phuzzy4242 »   0 likes

vidman49 wrote:
Rich wrote:
El Muro del Silencio is a collaboration of Mexican producers and directors along with some Colombian actors (like Álvaro Ruiz). Basically, the story describes a very strange relationship between a weird long haired child and his overprotective single mother.
Sounds more like a scary little boy from the description.
Missed that. The pix looks like a girl and FLM is mainly girl-oriented, so...
middy

Post by middy »   0 likes

Could anyone seed this please? :thumbsup
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

Phuzzy4242 wrote:Cool, thanks ptg. I love scary little girls. :)
So do I :cool

Too bad this one is a boy. although if vidman49 didn't say anything I doubt that anyone would have noticed until late in the movie
Just filling a request with this one. I stumbled across it looking for something else. bit of an odd film, but I enjoyed it.
BizarreLoveTriangle

Post by BizarreLoveTriangle »   0 likes

ptguardian wrote:Too bad this one is a boy. although if vidman49 didn't say anything I doubt that anyone would have noticed until late in the movie
That sucks :(

I understand that there is no chance that a girl is playing him :think
ptguardian

Post by ptguardian »   0 likes

BizarreLoveTriangle wrote:
ptguardian wrote:Too bad this one is a boy. although if vidman49 didn't say anything I doubt that anyone would have noticed until late in the movie
That sucks :(

I understand that there is no chance that a girl is playing him :think
It is possible. I watched this a couple of times and never saw any dingle berries :think
If it is a boy he is very very feminine

[Image]

[Image][Image][Image]
vidman49

Post by vidman49 »   0 likes

I did a little research on this - it is definitely a boy. His character's name is Daniel.

Here is a quote from Boy Scouts:

Great psychological thriller, a collaboration of Mexican producers and directors along with some Colombian actors. It's filmed in Bogotá in the seventies. Basically, the story describes a very strange relationship between a weird long-haired -almost hermaphrodyte- child and his overprotective single mother (who, as a result of having given birth an unknown-father child, got fired from her job as a teacher and became a seamtress instead), who keeps her son as away from people as much as possible.
As far as we know, this is the first cinematographical appearence of Brontis Jodorowsky (better known for his later performance wearing only a hat and a pair of boots in "El Topo").

They have the order of films wrong, however. In El Topo he was 7 years old. In this movie he was 11 years of age. El Topo was filmed in 1970, this film is from 1974.